Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th May 2010 07:39 PM

Yesterday I watched;
THE OMEN
DAMIEN:OMEN II
THE FINAL CONFLICT all looked and sounded superb.
David Warner's decapitation has never looked so good!:eek:

SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD-Must say I quite enjoyed this.Okay,one or two of the CGI effects were a bit phoney,but I reckon it was far better than the awful Diary.
Seems as if Romero's set up a new scenario with new characters.....:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th May 2010 07:57 PM

I've got the Region A boxset of The Omen films.Fox should be slapped good and proper for the most craptastic packaging they've ever released ANYTHING in. :nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th May 2010 08:11 PM

Watched Troma's Poultrygeist:Night Of The Chicken Dead yesterday.The weirdest Troma film I've ever seen and that's saying something.Some really gross-out moments involving rear passages that have to be seen to be believed.A few interesting extras on the disc including a feature length behind the scenes documentary,featuring such strange things as Loyd Kaufman's scrotum hanging out during a song and dance number and auditions including one guy freaking out the girl he's doing a sex scene audition with by actually having an erection :lol::

pedromonkey 10th May 2010 08:17 PM

the thing and Escape were not made in the 22 years that were mentioned. 2010-22=1988, carpenter Hasn't really made anything of any actual Redeaming value since then, well maybe in the mouth of madness excluding They Live because that was made in 1988 meaning it was his last great film. Don't get me wrong i have enjoyed his 90s and early 2000's films but they're not a patch on anything pre-1988.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th May 2010 08:19 PM

Haha yes,I'm getting old.For some reason I was counting 1978-2010 as 22 years. :loco:

pedromonkey 10th May 2010 08:22 PM

your 10 years out the stevoj, i guess the Alzheimer's is kicking in..

nekromantik 10th May 2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 78516)
Excellent choice mate, fantastic movie you have right there! By the director of the equally excellent the Ordeal! :thumb:

I've just got:

Harpoon
Mutants

I have to disagree there, I thought Vinyan was quite bad.
It had a good atmosphere but I simply did not care about the couple at all and it just seemed like a drag to watch it. The ending was a bit out there and IMO did not fit well into the movie. I think it was just added to add shock value to it, im sure people will understand the meaning of it but I didnt and didnt really care for it at all. So sue me :lol:

42ndStreetFreak 10th May 2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 78585)
the thing and Escape were not made in the 22 years that were mentioned. excluding They Live because that was made in 1988 meaning it was his last great film.

Exactly. 1988's "They Live ".
That was his last good film for me (although the about the same time "Prince of Darkness" was piss awful rubbish).

"Thing" and "New York" were sadly long past.

Have to agree with Nekromantik.
Sadly "Vinyan" was exactly as he said...it was playing out fine and was very well made, but the ending was a nonsensical farce that pushed ambiguity so far it shattered all over the audience's face, just like the director's spunk as he finished his masturbatory workout at our expense!

Not explaining all the details is one thing.
Not remotely explaining anything at all about anything at all is just taking the piss.

Back to 'CEX' it goes!

vincenzo 10th May 2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man (Post 78569)
THE FINAL CONFLICT all looked and sounded superb.

The scene where Damien is trapped on the 'bridge' by the two monks was filmed at the viaduct in Luxulyan. The luckless monk actually plummets into the car park at Trago Mills, where I went shopping this afternoon. :heh:

The creepy rock church where Damien is ambushed is the genuinely creepy Roche Rock, near St Austell.

Daemonia 10th May 2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 78609)
The luckless monk actually plummets into the car park at Trago Mills, where I went shopping this afternoon. :heh:

I hope you helped him and called an ambulance. Do people usually plummet into car parks when you're about? :lol: