Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

demonknight 12th December 2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 301137)
Attachment 93549Attachment 93550Attachment 93551Attachment 93552

All second hand from cex and bee! Couldn't believe it when I saw the Franco set!

The Jess Franco collection. Are all the movies cut/uncut do
you know?

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th December 2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 301147)
The Jess Franco collection. Are all the movies cut/uncut do
you know?

Unfortunately some are cut.

Demoncrat 12th December 2012 03:46 PM

The Grasscutter 23rd Century. Cough. Twas free. Xmas perks etc. ;):rolleyes:

SharonLynette 12th December 2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 301118)
How long since you ordered them? (if you don't mind me asking.)

NONE of my stuff has turned up, RIK's zombie flesh-eaters ltd edition hasn't shown up and a friend of mine who lives nearby and ordered at the same time hasn't had his stuff either. Its worth e-mailing arrow as I think they may have an issue with someone either in the warehouse or the royal mail intercepting packages.

Incidentally, got LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES for 50p from cash gen!

I emailed them a couple of days back, possibly a bit eager but I just wanted to know whether it had been shipped or not. Ordered on the 30th November, seemingly like a lot of people on the forum.

Rik 12th December 2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 301118)
How long since you ordered them? (if you don't mind me asking.)

NONE of my stuff has turned up, RIK's zombie flesh-eaters ltd edition hasn't shown up and a friend of mine who lives nearby and ordered at the same time hasn't had his stuff either. Its worth e-mailing arrow as I think they may have an issue with someone either in the warehouse or the royal mail intercepting packages.

Incidentally, got LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES for 50p from cash gen!

Ricky Chad messaged me on Twitter asking if it had turned up because he's waiting on a big order too and hasn't had a response from Arrow. Fact is people outside the UK are receiving their items so surely we should've had our stuff by now. I know it's Xmas and everything but other stuff I've ordered has turned up in half the time this last week

keirarts 12th December 2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 301157)
Ricky Chad messaged me on Twitter asking if it had turned up because he's waiting on a big order too and hasn't had a response from Arrow. Fact is people outside the UK are receiving their items so surely we should've had our stuff by now. I know it's Xmas and everything but other stuff I've ordered has turned up in half the time this last week

SOMETHING is going on.

I know it's xmas and some delivery's are slow but theres an awful lot of arrow deliverys dissapearing in the mail for it to be coincidence. I don't for one second blame arrow for this, they say the stuff has been dispatched and I have no reason to doubt them, I think someone further down the line may be getting greedy.

I COULD be wrong, and the stuff may show up at my door tommorrow, I hope everyone elses does as well, but theres at least 6 different people I've heard from waiting on packages now. If I worked at arrow i'd be working out which royal mail sorting offices these things all went through and checking nearby cash converters/Cex's. (i'm only half kidding about that last part)

JoshuaKaitlyn 12th December 2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 301147)
The Jess Franco collection. Are all the movies cut/uncut do
you know?

They all carry the 'Widescreen Director's Edition' However looking on the BBFC website the following info appears for the Anchor Bay editions which this box set is:

'Barbed Wire Dolls' Cut by 41s (Cuts required to remove explicit sexual activity)

'Blue Rita' Uncut

'Ilsa Wicked Warden' Cut by 2m 31s (Cuts required due to sexualized violence)

'Jack the Ripper'' Uncut

'Love Camp' Cut by 1m 12s (cut for graphic sexual violence)

'Love Letters from a Portugeuse Nun' Cut by 6m 15s (The cuts in this one come under those required due to indecent images of children)

'Sexy Sisters' Cut by 1m 11s (Cut to remove a rape scene)

'Voodoo Passion' Uncut

There is a similar boxset which contains the same movies, except Love Camp & Sexy Sisters which are replaced with Wicked Women & Women in Cellblock 9. This set is down as Uncut and Unrated! But for a tenner I couldnt resist! :D

SharonLynette 12th December 2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 301169)
SOMETHING is going on.

I know it's xmas and some delivery's are slow but theres an awful lot of arrow deliverys dissapearing in the mail for it to be coincidence. I don't for one second blame arrow for this, they say the stuff has been dispatched and I have no reason to doubt them, I think someone further down the line may be getting greedy.

I COULD be wrong, and the stuff may show up at my door tommorrow, I hope everyone elses does as well, but theres at least 6 different people I've heard from waiting on packages now. If I worked at arrow i'd be working out which royal mail sorting offices these things all went through and checking nearby cash converters/Cex's. (i'm only half kidding about that last part)

It would be interesting to know if anyone on here has received an order from Arrow after the 30th that wasn't a pre-order. I ordered quite a bit and I know others did too. They could just be over-whelmed with orders, I know I've received stuff from Amazon fairly quickly recently but they do always step it up close to Christmas after the balls up a couple of years back which couldn't really be helped but because of the heavy snow, I think they don't stick with the 3-5 days delivery even if you do go for the free delivery and put everything as 1-2 days to avoid people returning things because they haven't made it in time so it is hard to judge.

That being said my partner ordered me a load of dvds from network on the 5th and a big box has arrived today.

keirarts 12th December 2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 301175)
It would be interesting to know if anyone on here has received an order from Arrow after the 30th that wasn't a pre-order. I ordered quite a bit and I know others did too. They could just be over-whelmed with orders, I know I've received stuff from Amazon fairly quickly recently but they do always step it up close to Christmas after the balls up a couple of years back which couldn't really be helped but because of the heavy snow, I think they don't stick with the 3-5 days delivery even if you do go for the free delivery and put everything as 1-2 days to avoid people returning things because they haven't made it in time so it is hard to judge.

That being said my partner ordered me a load of dvds from network on the 5th and a big box has arrived today.

All my network stuff (bar one lot only recently confirmed as dispatched.) Turned up relatively quickly. If arrow hadn't dispatched yet I wouldent mind, as you say I bet their swamped with orders, but some pre-order stuff hasnt shwon up and other orders seem to be missing which they have confirmed as being shipped.

Rik 12th December 2012 05:40 PM

I don't blame Arrow for this, if they say it was dispatched last Tuesday, then I believe them. This is clearly an issue with the delivery company, be it Royal Fail or whoever. I just want my LE slipcase, I don't care how I get it, even it means them buying one off the cretins overcharging on eBay, I will not be accepting a refund or replacement to the same value :lol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.