Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

antmumford 13th December 2012 10:27 PM

Three US purchases arrived in one week.

Austin Powers trilogy BD
Living Dead at Manchester Morgue BD from HME and
Little Shop of Horrors BD Digibook

Won't be able to watch them for a while, the future Mrs has gotten me on a Harry Potter movie marathon as I bought her the ultimate set for her Birthday. Surprisingly we've just finished the 3rd one (watching one a day) and I'm thoroughly enjoying all of them. They're really quite funny and have some stunning cinematography at times too. Actually now looking forward to watching the rest and then work our way through the masses of extra features and documentaries. Reckon we'll finish sometime in February

Rik 13th December 2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 301731)

Won't be able to watch them for a while, the future Mrs has gotten me on a Harry Potter movie marathon as I bought her the ultimate set for her Birthday. Surprisingly we've just finished the 3rd one (watching one a day) and I'm thoroughly enjoying all of them. They're really quite funny and have some stunning cinematography at times too. Actually now looking forward to watching the rest and then work our way through the masses of extra features and documentaries. Reckon we'll finish sometime in February

My eldest son went to the Harry Potter studio thingy in that there London the other week with his mum, by all accounts they both had a cracking time, my and his younger brother weren't invited :(

Although it would be wasted on me as I haven't seen any of them

antmumford 13th December 2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 301738)
My eldest son went to the Harry Potter studio thingy in that there London the other week with his mum, by all accounts they both had a cracking time, my and his younger brother weren't invited :(

Although it would be wasted on me as I haven't seen any of them

Yeah we went there a few months back and it was brilliant. A fantastic day out even if you're not a fan of the films because its all about being behind the scenes of a film studio and seeing how things are done. The detail that went into crafting these films is pretty phenomenal to be honest, so much was created, even for the things that would never be shown on film.

Sobral 14th December 2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 301620)
Nice!
So I guess they repressed it?

No idea, but it's still available, maybe they got some stock back from a distributor?

Commander Devil Story | Sheep Tapes

keirarts 14th December 2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 301707)
Jeeze! And I thought the fact that I owed her majestys tax office £65 was bad!

Shouldent be too bad, about £300 fortnightly wages and £240 from amazon, I have until january to pay so i'll whack down £200 or so today and then see if they will be willing to space the rest out over the next few months. If so I might be able to manage a couple of discs but not the big blow-out I was planning on. Probably for the best as my house is overflowing with discs and I need some cheap bookcases!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th December 2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 301750)
Yeah we went there a few months back and it was brilliant. A fantastic day out even if you're not a fan of the films because its all about being behind the scenes of a film studio and seeing how things are done. The detail that went into crafting these films is pretty phenomenal to be honest, so much was created, even for the things that would never be shown on film.

My mum went on that with some friends from work. She's a big fan of the films and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th December 2012 12:55 PM

My copy of The Night Child has just turned up. :faint:

It says first class on it so there's no way Arrow shipped it when they took the payment on the third of December. The packaging envelope was spotless as well, it certainly hasn't been kicking around a post office warehouse for two weeks.

Hope everyone else's gets their orders imminently.

SharonLynette 14th December 2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 301884)
My copy of The Night Child has just turned up. :faint:

It says first class on it so there's no way Arrow shipped it when they took the payment on the third of December. The packaging envelope was spotless as well, it certainly hasn't been kicking around a post office warehouse for two weeks.

Hope everyone else's gets their orders imminently.

Not yet but this gives me hope :pray: Hopefully before next Wednesday as I've got a hospital appointment to go to which should mean that there will be heavy snow too.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th December 2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 301900)
Not yet but this gives me hope :pray: Hopefully before next Wednesday as I've got a hospital appointment to go to which should mean that there will be heavy snow too.

We all seem like we ordered on the 30th so i'm guessing your order will turn up today (unless you have had your post already) or tomorrow.

Just seen the weather forecast, next week should be dry and mild, no snow .:)

SharonLynette 14th December 2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 301901)
We all seem like we ordered on the 30th so i'm guessing your order will turn up today (unless you have had your post already) or tomorrow.

Just seen the weather forecast, next week should be dry and mild, no snow .:)

All the post has come, although we do sometimes get later deliveries this time of the year. Hopefully tomorrow morning. Although I am closer to Hertfordshire than you, but only just, but I should have a bigger parcel....I'm just impatient.