Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

BAKA 22nd December 2012 09:58 AM

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9442c8ef.jpg

Would you believe after how long I waited for my last Arrow order, that these, ordered Thursday at 5pm, arrived this morning? Crazy difference. Much like King Of New York, I wasn't a fan of Class Of Nuke 'em High, but am giving it another chance, especially at this price. Speaking of price, couldn't say no to Two-Lane Blacktop at £9.99. Picked up Assassination, as I heard it may well be my last chance, with the recent reprinting likely to be the last.

Susan Foreman 22nd December 2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 304635)
After a few emails. I managed to get a response.It was suppose to be here on the 18th but today I find out it got sent on the 19th. But they say it should be here for Christmas...hmmmm..Yeah I wont hold my breathe.

Apparently, the delay to me receiving my order is the fact that one of the films I ordered has not yet been released

Please, can someone tell me which of the following is a 'pre-release order', and not yet available:

The Deadly Spawn
The Man with the Severed Head
Two Evil Eyes
Frankenhooker
Surf Nazis Must Die
The Beyond
Super Bitch
Night Child
Combat Shock

Thought so!

VERY ANGRY

Nemesis 22nd December 2012 02:54 PM

Received:

Umberto D (Criterion Blu)

Criterion Eclipse Boxset 37 "When Horror came to Shochiku" (contains the X from Outer Space, Goke Body Snatcher from Hell, the Living Skeleton and Genocide)

Criterion Eclipse Boxset 34 "Jean Gremillon during the Occupation" (contains Remorques, Lumiere d'ete and Le ciel a vous)

Buboven 22nd December 2012 03:02 PM

Bought Macabre and Combat Shock recently

Nordicdusk 22nd December 2012 03:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 94322

Attachment 94323

Attachment 94324

Im almost sure six months ago i got these but cant fin them anywhere so i picked them up again today 3 for €5 so can complain about loosing them or what ever happened. I bet ill find them tonight now just because i had to re buy.

Criterion7 22nd December 2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 304649)
Apparently, the delay to me receiving my order is the fact that one of the films I ordered has not yet been released

Please, can someone tell me which of the following is a 'pre-release order', and not yet available:

The Deadly Spawn
The Man with the Severed Head
Two Evil Eyes
Frankenhooker
Surf Nazis Must Die
The Beyond
Super Bitch
Night Child
Combat Shock

Thought so!

VERY ANGRY

Mine was apparently because of the Evil Post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 304769)
Attachment 94322

Attachment 94323

Attachment 94324

Im almost sure six months ago i got these but cant fin them anywhere so i picked them up again today 3 for €5 so can complain about loosing them or what ever happened. I bet ill find them tonight now just because i had to re buy.

Great choices.

SharonLynette 22nd December 2012 05:00 PM

The House With Laughing Windows came today although it is supposed to be a present for me, but the pluck hub is broken :mmph: It's too much of a hassle to send it back just because of this, does anyone know where to get a spare yellow case?

Rik 22nd December 2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 304797)
The House With Laughing Windows came today although it is supposed to be a present for me, but the pluck hub is broken :mmph: It's too much of a hassle to send it back just because of this, does anyone know where to get a spare yellow case?

I would imagine there are sellers on eBay that sell coloured cases

Edit: not sure if this will work because I'm posting from my phone, but I found a seller that has them for £1.50

Genuine Amaray Single Yellow CD DVD Disc Case BEST QUALITY AVAILABLE

http://bit.ly/UZxsBI

vipco 22nd December 2012 06:07 PM

Nearly bought The Devil Hunter. I say nearly as I had it in my 1 free hand pondering wether to buy it as I already have a version of it when some guy plucked it outta my hand, said "Thatll do nicely "then walked up and joined the que. I was left standing speechless. Ok I wasnt fussed on buying but thats not the point it was pure bad manners .

Edit.....This is actually the 3rd time in 2 years ive had a dvd snatched from my hand in store though one was by a ex friend who knew I wanted it but bought it anyway. I use a walking stick so its normal for me to look at dvds with 1 hand.
Since ive had to use a stick you wouldnt believe now rude some people in my own age bracket of mid 40s have been. I must say the so called out of controll youth have been the most polite and helpful .

Rik 22nd December 2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 304816)
Nearly bought The Devil Hunter. I say nearly as I had it in my 1 free hand pondering wether to buy it as I already have a version of it when some guy plucked it outta my hand, said "Thatll do nicely "then walked up and joined the que. I was left standing speechless. Ok I wasnt fussed on buying but thats not the point it was pure bad manners .

:eek: I would've snatched it back out of his hand and firmly planted my left knee in his knackers, the cheeky bastard!