Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151204Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd December 2012, 12:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356266830.483029.jpg
Hooray for charity shops!
bdc, BAKA and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
Old 23rd December 2012, 01:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
A convert to Ford!

Went to HMV this evening with the intention of getting Amsterdamned and The House With Laughing Windows. They didn't have either of them. Same goes for the Hammer BD's, not a single one. They're honestly a joke, a lot of stuff not instock, or greatly over-priced. Ended up just coming away with a few dvds....

And If I had know I could get Invisible Target on BD for and extra £1, I wouldn't have bothered with the dvd.
Then they wonder why they are on the verge of shutting down, they blame people for not shopping in the store but with prices of £30 for the MOC Nosferau and £25 for New Jack City I even saw a Don The Dragon Wilson boxset of Bloodfist 1-4 for £40. High considering they were straight to dvd films to begin with
Old 23rd December 2012, 01:03 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
What the hell is going on?

This morning I walked down to the post office to pick up the parcel that was almost delivered yesterday, but when I got home, the package only contained the second order - 'Day of the Dead' - Nuke 'Em High'

I though that my two orders might have been sent out on different days, stayed in today, hoping the first order would arrive...but it didn't

AM NOT HAPPY
Hey - d'ya know what I have just noticed at the top of the page on the Arrow site?

"Order by Midnight Weds 19th December for Christmas Delivery (UK destinations & items in stock)"

Wonder what happens if you order by Midnight on 1st December.

Oh - silly me. You have to wait until after Christmas to get your films!!!

*Note - I am assuming that nothing is going to arrive tomorrow. If I am wrong, I will gladly come back here and retract this post!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd December 2012, 01:35 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Then they wonder why they are on the verge of shutting down, they blame people for not shopping in the store but with prices of £30 for the MOC Nosferau and £25 for New Jack City I even saw a Don The Dragon Wilson boxset of Bloodfist 1-4 for £40. High considering they were straight to dvd films to begin with
Yeah, you can buy the Bloodfist boxset on Amazon for £9 new, and an import boxset of the 8 films for £26.
Old 23rd December 2012, 01:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default blade 2

My news year resolution is stop double dipping,so I got one last one in before the new yaer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blade2.jpg (86.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg blade2b.jpg (91.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 23rd December 2012, 01:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, you can buy the Bloodfist boxset on Amazon for £9 new, and an import boxset of the 8 films for £26.
Might order the import 8 film one then to watch Don Wil kick seven shades of crap out of ppl in the low budget cheese fest
Old 23rd December 2012, 02:51 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Matching online pricing if your a high street store is impossible, I work at blockbusters and we dropped all the big titles to £13.99 on pre-order for blu and £10.99 on dvd (were still doing this I should add, Looper is currently available for pre-order at £13.99, and Dredd £14.99 for example.) and dvds at £9.99 (some of the big'uns like ted and dark knight down to £8.99) and still amazon and play turn round and undercut us...

Why?

Well they dont pay taxes for a start and they don't have all these shops employing people, in fact most online retailers only actually employ a fraction of what a high street retailer does. So when all these highstreet retailers shut then thats extra on our tax bills (not play or amazons, they dont pay it) to keep the staff on benefits.

That said at least we made something of an effort, HMV are nuts charging somke of the prices they do instore, far better to keep as low as possible and hope for goodwill from the public imo. Other than that online will always have the upper hand.
Old 23rd December 2012, 03:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Pre-ordered:

Black Sunday (Arrow dual)
The Lickerish Quartet (Arrow dual)
Score (Arrow dual)
The Woodsman and the Rain blu (Third Window)
The Foreign Duck, the Native Duck and God in a Coin Locker (Third Window)

Also ordered Confessions of a Dog (Third Window).
Old 23rd December 2012, 06:20 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Matching online pricing if your a high street store is impossible, I work at blockbusters and we dropped all the big titles to £13.99 on pre-order for blu and £10.99 on dvd (were still doing this I should add, Looper is currently available for pre-order at £13.99, and Dredd £14.99 for example.) and dvds at £9.99 (some of the big'uns like ted and dark knight down to £8.99) and still amazon and play turn round and undercut us...

Why?

Well they dont pay taxes for a start and they don't have all these shops employing people, in fact most online retailers only actually employ a fraction of what a high street retailer does. So when all these highstreet retailers shut then thats extra on our tax bills (not play or amazons, they dont pay it) to keep the staff on benefits.

That said at least we made something of an effort, HMV are nuts charging somke of the prices they do instore, far better to keep as low as possible and hope for goodwill from the public imo. Other than that online will always have the upper hand.
Some of Blockbuster's prices seem reasonable though. It does surprise me that the savings that HMV make with online retailing can't be transferred in some way to the high street though although I don't know much about such things admittedly. Judging from the hectic carnage i witnessed the other day I suspect HMV make a great deal of their revenue on overpriced goods from the last minute disorganised Christmas shoppers
Old 23rd December 2012, 07:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just received Night Of The Living Dead original ( Japanese Happinet release) on Blu Ray. Also Godzilla Versus Biollante on BR.
bdc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!