Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

fuzzymctiger 24th December 2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 305413)
Is Miami Connection region free

I'm afraid it's locked :(

I put it in the PS3, and it said it could not play due to Region Code.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th December 2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 305419)
who doesn't enjoy a Konga

No one. They're even popular in outer space!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...aCongaLine.jpg

Nordicdusk 24th December 2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 305421)
I'm afraid it's locked :(

I put it in the PS3, and it said it could not play due to Region Code.

DAM IT!!! :mmph:

Hey thanks for checking for my much appreciated :thumb:

Demoncrat 24th December 2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 303784)
Decent film FEAR IN THE CITY. I posted some grabs from the 23rd Century dvd here.

Watched it last night, along with X312 Flight To Hell. Very drunk. Enjoyed both, FITC a total hoot (cut??), will be plugging it to mates. Franco's uneasy blend of jungle caper and "disaster" movie was more fun (the d i a l o g u e !!) this time, cthulhu bless merlot hahahahaha.

Merry Xmas to All Labbers btw!!!

nekromantik 24th December 2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 305410)
The people at blu ray forums can suck it for all I care!!
They complain about everything, and accused the transfer of being a TV broadcast, called the Italian one better, and then gave the DVDBeaver review crap because they rated the Scream Factory one better! :crazy:

Yeah they are fussy bunch on there but not as bad as AVSForum.
Although to be fair those guys are professionals so can pin point things while blu ray people are not.

PaulD 24th December 2012 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Booyah!

Attachment 94532

Rik 24th December 2012 12:30 PM

That's why I don't bother with any film related forums but this one, can't be arsed with the bitchiness and trolling over at Blu-ray.com

PaulD 24th December 2012 12:33 PM

I do get the impression that a lot of people like that are more concerned with the technical aspects rather than the actual film itself. They never ever comment on the actual film itself.

fuzzymctiger 24th December 2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 305437)
Although to be fair those guys are professionals so can pin point things while blu ray people are not.

I actually quite enjoy a negative review if they bring the tech to the table, like Kentai's reviews, while some are absolutely scathing, he knows, from what i can tell, all the things about the scanning of prints, digital authoring and so forth, so it makes for a fascinating review.

Susan Foreman 24th December 2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 305332)
EARLY MORNING RANT!

The above e-information, about my order not being sent out due to a title being 'not yet released', was sent to me in an e-mail on Friday (Dec 21st). However, late last night, I received a message that reads:

"Hi there,
Thanks for your email.
I am sorry but your order was a little delayed due to overwhelming demand but is on its way now.
It was dispatched on 20th December by 1st class post.
Please allow 5 working days for delivery at this time of year.
Kind regards
Nicole"

Is this simply a case of left-hand-not-knowing-what-the-right-is-doing, is it a honest mistake, or is it a blatant lie?

I now have a real problem - do I waste the whole day, staying in, hoping that the postie will actually bring this order, or do I go into town to do some shopping (including getting some food for the animals to last them over the next few days), worrying that if the postman DOES come when I am out, I will have to wait until Friday at the earliest before I can get to the sorting office to pick my films up!

Incidentally, the e-mail I received yesterday didn't actually let me know the title of the pre-order I have. Bearing in mind this was sent out at 10:40pm on a Sunday night, I am starting to think that all the notes that are being sent are automated, instead of actually coming from someone in person

Rant over - for the time being at least!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 305359)
As the 20th was the last day First class post was guaranteed to arrive before Christmas, it might be worth staying in and waiting. However, parcels are often delivered at different times from the regular mail and, from my experience, can come any time from 7:10am to 8:30pm, so make sure you have plenty to do around the house.

However, if it is a real choice between risking your animals die of starvation or risking missing the delivery, I'd go out and buy some animal food!

Of course...the animals always come first, so I rushed into town at the crack of dawn to get them some food

Of course...by the time I got home, there was a card thru the door...!