Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Susan Foreman 27th December 2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson; - 24/12/12: 305474
Of course...the animals always come first, so I rushed into town at the crack of dawn to get them some food

Of course...by the time I got home, there was a card thru the door...!

Finally...

Just got back from the sorting office with my order

I have an enjoyable afternoon ahead of me, cataloging my films!

Rik 27th December 2012 11:13 AM

Glad some people are receiving their orders, finally. I'm sure the rest will arrive soon :)
Anyway, seeing as I'm currently working my way through the updated Argento book by Alan Jones, courtesy of my sister for Chrimbo, I thought I'd check out Mother of Tears. Paid a measly £2.42 from Amazon for the DVD, so if its as bad as everyone says, I haven't lost out on that much.
Funds permitting, I plan on completing my Argento collection in the near future, something I've wanted to do for awhile now

Slippery Jack 27th December 2012 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
First of the post-xmas post turned up some good stuff :woot: . . .

VicDakin 27th December 2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 306127)
First of the post-xmas post turned up some good stuff :woot: . . .

cool where did you get the false hand from?

Slippery Jack 27th December 2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 306124)
I'm currently working my way through the updated Argento book by Alan Jones

Ditto. I'm working my way backwards through it. Did Dracula 3D and Giallo last night. Both sound horrific (in the worst way), but must admit I'm now tempted to rent Giallo :eek: . . .

Rik 27th December 2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 306129)
Ditto. I'm working my way backwards through it. Did Dracula 3D and Giallo last night. Both sound horrific (in the worst way), but must admit I'm now tempted to rent Giallo :eek: . . .

I was thinking the same about Giallo, it's gotta be better than the Card Player!

Slippery Jack 27th December 2012 11:58 AM

Quite sweet how the American writer still has a positive view of the whole experience. After all, he got to write an Argento film! Does sound like something got lost in translation though, and the meddling starpower of Adrian Brody doesn't seem to have helped matters . . .

Gojirosan 27th December 2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 306133)
Quite sweet how the American writer still has a positive view of the whole experience. After all, he got to write an Argento film! Does sound like something got lost in translation though, and the meddling starpower of Adrian Brody doesn't seem to have helped matters . . .

If there is one main issue with Giallo it is Brody. His awful work aside it's an adequate enough thriller to pass the time.

Unfortunately, the film does rather centre itself around Brody! :(

Slippery Jack 27th December 2012 12:25 PM

Even without having seen it, I know the original attached casting of Ray Liotta and Vincent Gallo as cop and killer would've been much more preferable . . .

nekromantik 27th December 2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 306091)
Looks like I wont be posting new buys as much, just recieved a phone call my store is shutting and i'll be unemployed for the new year :(

Bummer really, and jobs around here are like rocking horse s**t so i'll need to be damnned careful with my spends.

:eek:
sorry to hear that. should have some opportunity during January new job hopefully.