Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th May 2010 09:39 PM

:lol:

No,I'm just Bennee Blonco from thee Bronx! :happy:

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 79399)
A quite astonishingly under-rated film. One of the very best King adaptations, truly amazing Hutton performances and superb Romero work.

Superb film.

The original story ddin't have Stark looking like Beaumont.I think the decision to have Hutton play both parts in the film was a stroke of genius.

antmumford 15th May 2010 09:23 AM

I just this second finished watching The Dark Half after the discussions on here and did enjoy it. Well directed by George and what a dramatic difference compared to hia mediocre and poor current efforts.

Anyway, back to topic. The Road on Blu-ray just arrived from Mr Postman and it's got a lovely cardboard sleeve. Can't wait to watch this fantastic film again.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th May 2010 09:26 AM

And did the cardboard sleeve feature the same art as the cover? If so,it's a waste of good paper.I usually bin them :lol: Need to see the film myself though.

Gojirosan 15th May 2010 11:51 AM

Watched the Blu of Mad Max 2 last night.

Crikey! What a disk!

:cool::)

BioZombie 15th May 2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 79574)

Crikey! What a disk!

Agreed. The tansfer is jaw dropping.

nekromantik 15th May 2010 03:18 PM

Just bought Pandorum UK Blu for £6 :)
Its a awesome lil movie

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th May 2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 79574)

Crikey! What a disk!

One of the best I've seen so far.

So much so,for years I didn't realise that was a trench dug around the compound of the good guys,until is was clearly noticeable on BR.:cool:

42ndStreetFreak 15th May 2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 79620)
Just bought Pandorum UK Blu for £6 :)
Its a awesome lil movie

Seems to be getting a critical make-over this film. No one seemed to like it at the cinema, but there's been some similar good thoughts since it hit DVD.

"BMX Bandits" - £1

nekromantik 15th May 2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 79636)
Seems to be getting a critical make-over this film. No one seemed to like it at the cinema, but there's been some similar good thoughts since it hit DVD.

"BMX Bandits" - £1

I never saw it in the cinema wanted to but missed it. I knew it didnt do well but still wanted to see it. So watched it by renting the dvd and thought it was good. Far from perfect and had its flaws but it had a similar atmosphere to alien and then added another layer by the psychological part of the movie. I still dont know if the monsters were real or not but as the people without pandorum saw them then must mean they real...or maybe not :lol: that part annoyed me.

Also bought Two Evil Eyes