Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SharonLynette 10th January 2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 311006)
Lifeboat Is an excellent film!

I was supposed to go to a screening of it along with Shadow of a Doubt in November but I was too poorly to go so this is a justified purchase :p

SharonLynette 10th January 2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 310983)
I often thought my own tastes odd for the mix of highbrow and trash, but it actually seems to be quite common (in this place at least :tongue1:). You seem to be on an MoC and BFI binge at the moment. I find myself doing the same too, lots of good prices for MoC and BFI stuff at the moment. I should probably try more of the Flipside line, I've only got The Black Panther from it.

I know what you mean, I thought I had rather particular tastes, but when I started posting here I realised that there are a lot of people exactly like me mixing trash and clash.

That's why I'm doing it right now, the prices are right the steelbooks were only £11.99 so I've been trying to fill some great big massive holes in my collection, I still have a few more things to come!

Bringer Of Funerals 10th January 2013 02:20 PM

I buy all sorts lol

Hawkmonger 10th January 2013 02:21 PM

BFI Flipside is the BIZ!:rockon:

trebor8273 10th January 2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 311014)
I know what you mean, I thought I had rather particular tastes, but when I started posting here I realised that there are a lot of people exactly like me mixing trash and clash.

That's why I'm doing it right now, the prices are right the steelbooks were only £11.99 so I've been trying to fill some great big massive holes in my collection, I still have a few more things to come!

thats good think i paid around £18 when i bought island of lost souls, but i regret not buying metropolis steel book when it first came out, especially. the price its going for now

taking about strange/random taste last couple of days have watched demons, city of the living dead, episodes of dogtania, touch of evil, some tales of the unexpected and lost in sapce!!

Refused 10th January 2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 311017)
BFI Flipside is the BIZ!:rockon:

Where should I start with them?
All their covers look so horrendously bland I haven't bothered with any of them.

Gojirosan 10th January 2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 310982)

Is Frostbite that Swedish flick? If so I have been meaning to get that for ages.

Hawkmonger 10th January 2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 311023)
All their covers look so horrendously bland I haven't bothered with any of them.

Depends what you want. Black Panther is a great character study based on true (and horrible) life storys. The Bed Sitting Room is a great piece of alternative sci-fi set in post apocalypse Britain. Bronco Bullfrog is great and make's a lovely companion piece to The partys Over, also highly recomended. Permisive is one of the best examples of Brti-sploitation, and Man of Violence is an excelent thriller.

SharonLynette 10th January 2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 311025)
Is Frostbite that Swedish flick? If so I have been meaning to get that for ages.

Yes, I've already watched it years back but I really liked it, it's a really fun film.

SharonLynette 10th January 2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 311023)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 311027)
Depends what you want. Black Panther is a great character study based on true (and horrible) life storys. The Bed Sitting Room is a great piece of alternative sci-fi set in post apocalypse Britain. Bronco Bullfrog is great and make's a lovely companion piece to The partys Over, also highly recomended. Permisive is one of the best examples of Brti-sploitation, and Man of Violence is an excelent thriller.

Exactly what I was going to say, it does really depend what you like. I like weirder 60's films, I was always in to Kitchen Sink dramas so for me anything of that ilk.

It might be worth starting with Flipside: Kim Newman's Guide to the Flipside of British Cinema you can usually get it used for a couple of quid and that would either inspire you or put you off completely.