All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151393Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2013, 02:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Lifeboat Is an excellent film!
I was supposed to go to a screening of it along with Shadow of a Doubt in November but I was too poorly to go so this is a justified purchase
Old 10th January 2013, 02:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I often thought my own tastes odd for the mix of highbrow and trash, but it actually seems to be quite common (in this place at least ). You seem to be on an MoC and BFI binge at the moment. I find myself doing the same too, lots of good prices for MoC and BFI stuff at the moment. I should probably try more of the Flipside line, I've only got The Black Panther from it.
I know what you mean, I thought I had rather particular tastes, but when I started posting here I realised that there are a lot of people exactly like me mixing trash and clash.

That's why I'm doing it right now, the prices are right the steelbooks were only £11.99 so I've been trying to fill some great big massive holes in my collection, I still have a few more things to come!
Old 10th January 2013, 02:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

I buy all sorts lol
Old 10th January 2013, 02:21 PM
Cult Addict

BFI Flipside is the BIZ!
Nemesis likes this.
Old 10th January 2013, 02:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I know what you mean, I thought I had rather particular tastes, but when I started posting here I realised that there are a lot of people exactly like me mixing trash and clash.

That's why I'm doing it right now, the prices are right the steelbooks were only £11.99 so I've been trying to fill some great big massive holes in my collection, I still have a few more things to come!
thats good think i paid around £18 when i bought island of lost souls, but i regret not buying metropolis steel book when it first came out, especially. the price its going for now

taking about strange/random taste last couple of days have watched demons, city of the living dead, episodes of dogtania, touch of evil, some tales of the unexpected and lost in sapce!!
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 10th January 2013, 02:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
BFI Flipside is the BIZ!
Where should I start with them?
All their covers look so horrendously bland I haven't bothered with any of them.
Old 10th January 2013, 02:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Is Frostbite that Swedish flick? If so I have been meaning to get that for ages.
bdc likes this.
Old 10th January 2013, 02:38 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
All their covers look so horrendously bland I haven't bothered with any of them.
Depends what you want. Black Panther is a great character study based on true (and horrible) life storys. The Bed Sitting Room is a great piece of alternative sci-fi set in post apocalypse Britain. Bronco Bullfrog is great and make's a lovely companion piece to The partys Over, also highly recomended. Permisive is one of the best examples of Brti-sploitation, and Man of Violence is an excelent thriller.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 10th January 2013, 02:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Is Frostbite that Swedish flick? If so I have been meaning to get that for ages.
Yes, I've already watched it years back but I really liked it, it's a really fun film.
Gojirosan likes this.
Old 10th January 2013, 02:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Depends what you want. Black Panther is a great character study based on true (and horrible) life storys. The Bed Sitting Room is a great piece of alternative sci-fi set in post apocalypse Britain. Bronco Bullfrog is great and make's a lovely companion piece to The partys Over, also highly recomended. Permisive is one of the best examples of Brti-sploitation, and Man of Violence is an excelent thriller.
Exactly what I was going to say, it does really depend what you like. I like weirder 60's films, I was always in to Kitchen Sink dramas so for me anything of that ilk.

It might be worth starting with Flipside: Kim Newman's Guide to the Flipside of British Cinema you can usually get it used for a couple of quid and that would either inspire you or put you off completely.

Like this? Share it using the links below!