Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SharonLynette 12th January 2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 311431)

eeek! The last two are only £11.99 on Amazon at the moment!

sawyer6 12th January 2013 02:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few MoC

Gojirosan 12th January 2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 311718)
If you didnt like lord of the rings I can pretty much guarentee you wont like the hobbit. Personally I really like them, thought king kong was dissapointing and the lovely bones was just a total mess.

I thought the LOTR flicks looked spectacular. But found them hollow and dull. However, that is inherent in Tolkien, so I can't totally blame Jackson for that.

I don't really want to see The Hobbit, but I am going because I feel I ought to see it and for the spectacle.

trebor8273 12th January 2013 02:56 PM

Can tell us why the picture quality is like for ran heard very mixed reviews for the blu ray

Nordicdusk 12th January 2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 311721)
eeek! The last two are only £11.99 on Amazon at the moment!

Think i only paid €15 each maybe €16 for repo man so works out about the same i think.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th January 2013 03:09 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This weeks arrivals.

The Django disc is the Sainsbury's edition with a different cover, and Universal Studios Monsters is a book.

SharonLynette 12th January 2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 311734)
This weeks arrivals.

The Django disc is the Sainsbury's edition with a different cover, and Universal Studios Monsters is a book.

Nice, I've had that book on my wishlist for a while, how does it look?

Hawkmonger 12th January 2013 03:34 PM

On the topic of Feudal Japan (which is also amongst my favourate genres. Just so enchanting and bold, quite alien to a limey such as I) and I can't wait for MoC complete works of Sadao Yamanaka. So, basicly, i'm gonna watch my Criterion BD of Yojimbo tonight.:happy:

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th January 2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 311746)
Nice, I've had that book on my wishlist for a while, how does it look?

Lovely Sharon.

Its a big thick coffee table book full of nice large stills, portraits and lobby cards, the pictures are both black and white and colour. A lot of text as well so it should prove a decent read as well as eye candy.

WH Smith seem the cheapest option at the moment - £17.60 delivered. Although i notice Amazon have dropped their price from £20 to a simillar amount, but they only have one in stock.

Rik 12th January 2013 03:54 PM

That Kirk Hamster book is similar except it isn't just photos of Universal stuff, he has an amazing collection of memorabilia, the jammy sod!