Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Susan Foreman 12th January 2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 311151)
Come on - you ALL know what I am self-quoting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 311787)
Is that everything DVD wise, have you ever double dipped - say you have bought a box set with 6 in but 2 you already have as seperate releases

Yes, that is EVERY DVD that has been released to date

I tend to get them on day of release

Sadly, yes, I have 'double-dipped' a number of times, but in different releases. What I mean is, I would get the original release of (say) 'Tomb of the Cybermen', and then when it was re-released as part of the 'Revisitations' set, I would get that as well, but I can justify it by saying it has additional special features

What I have never done, is get the original release of (say) 'The Time Warrior', and then get the 'Built For War' box set, which is just a re-release of all the Sontaran stories from classic Who

I am really disappointed with the fact that 2|Entertain are releasing a number of old stories in 'special editions' BEFORE the entire series has been released. I mean, out of the next three releases, I already have two of them - 'The Ark in Space' and 'The Aztecs', but I will inevitably get them again. What angers me is the fact that we could have had two new stories instead - say 'The Mind of Evil' and 'Terror of the Zygons'

Creepshow82 12th January 2013 07:05 PM

BAY OF BLOOD AND WOLF CREEK, BOTH AT POUNDLAND!!

Baseball Fury 12th January 2013 07:16 PM

Got the first two series of Tales from the Crypt from the USA via Amazon Marketplace for £11. Bargain.

demonknight 12th January 2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 311820)
Got the first two series of Tales from the Crypt from the USA via Amazon Marketplace for £11. Bargain.

A great bargain and a great series to boot.

tele1962 12th January 2013 08:19 PM

Just ordered Star Trek The Motion Picture & Star Trek Motion Picture Trilogy......not the best quality i know ( some DNR'd to death) but i think this is the best we will get for a while.:(

trebor8273 12th January 2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 311820)

Fantastic show just need to get last season myself, first two season are region free but the rest are region one.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th January 2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 311862)
Fantastic show just need to get last season myself, first two season are region free but the rest are region one.

Same here. I still haven't picked up season 7. I really need to get around to it.

pedromonkey 12th January 2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 311866)
Same here. I still haven't picked up season 7. I really need to get around to it.

me three, got 5 and 6 for xmas.

demonknight 12th January 2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 311862)

You sure series one and two are region free?
I don't think they are. As far as I know the entire
series on dvd is region one.

trebor8273 12th January 2013 09:49 PM

The version I got play on my blu ray player which is locked for DVD and blu ray but the rest only play on my region free DVD player