Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 14th January 2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 312605)
But if having the 2D and 3D on the same disc takes up no more space as you said before then why was Prometheus 3D on one disc and the 2D on another?

Maybe as its a bigger release by a bigger company.
Dredd is released by Lionsgate who might have decided to release it on one disc as it was not a huge hit and so EIV who uses same transfer had to use it as they are known to be quite cheap.

Hawkmonger 14th January 2013 09:10 PM

I hear Dredd is flying off the shelves in HMV and Tesco at the moment. Looks good.:happy:

Justin101 14th January 2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 312437)
The other 2, thanks to the ineptness of HMV running a sale I managed to get a double discount on Bride, I noticed that no discount come off Army of Darkness so when I questioned it the lad scanned some code and took 25% off the receipt haha, worked out at £5.60 for Bride and £6.00 for Army :D :woot: Didn't work on Lawless unfortunately haha!

I feel bad for ripping off HMV in the light of tonight's news stories :cool: :lol:

nekromantik 14th January 2013 09:38 PM

Well I just checked one point in the film and the PQ is awful! Then gets great.
The awful part has thick grain thats floating with the 3D depth.

Apparently the US release does not feature this so means EIV messed up this release!

trebor8273 14th January 2013 09:38 PM

Yep looks like only a miracle can save hmv now, sorry to see them go and feel sorry for those who will lose there jobs, do think blue cross sale was last ditch effort to make some money, once there gone can see amazon prices increasing, over last few months noticed that the savings from amazon have gotten less and less compared to amazon

JoshuaKaitlyn 14th January 2013 09:53 PM

From HMV tonight on the way home:
The Complete Thin Man Collection
The Sting (Special Edition)
High Noon
Midnight Cowboy
Oliver!
Going My Way
Rebecca
From Here to Eternity

Got home read the news about HMV and administration and sadly cancelled my pre-order for Skyfall

Also got online
Hamlet
Lawless (Steelbook)

trebor8273 14th January 2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 312652)
From HMV tonight on the way home:
The Complete Thin Man Collection
The Sting (Special Edition)
High Noon
Midnight Cowboy
Oliver!
Going My Way
Rebecca
From Here to Eternity

Got home read the news about HMV and administration and sadly cancelled my pre-order for Skyfall

Also got online
Hamlet

Lawless (Steelbook)

Looks like I will have to cancel my skyfall preorder as well, shame I like a nice steelbook

fuzzymctiger 14th January 2013 10:21 PM

Wait, so play AND HMV are going? Shit.

There's a couple of exclusive steelbooks I need to get!

J Harker 15th January 2013 08:02 AM

What?!?! That's not good news for us.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

keirarts 15th January 2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 312589)
Really thinking of getting this as it seems the only way too see this movie. Has anyone got this? It a little more than I want to pay for one film on DVD
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabal-Nightb...f=pd_cp_d_h__0

Nightbreed DVD 1990 Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Craig Sheffer, David Cronenberg, Anne Bobby: Film & TV

The region 1 archives version is cheaper.

The cabal cut (much longer and a better film) will be out eventually. I wouldent hold your breath for a blu-ray release though, not unless they find the origional materials. The current version of the cabal cut is assembled from footage taken from VHS so its hard to imagine it looking good on blu.

Nightbreed (as linked above) is not as good but still an entertaining picture.