Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 15th January 2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 312660)
Wait, so play AND HMV are going? Shit.

There's a couple of exclusive steelbooks I need to get!

Just noticed a lot of play's exclusive stuff is starting to rocket up in price too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ArgentoFan1987 15th January 2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 312532)
£3 for lunch money? What's that - a tin of cola and a packet of crisps?

Stick with it. 'Dr Strangelove' is a great film

"You can't fight in here - this is the war office"!

I'll try it again, but all that phonetic talk bored me. I didn't understand it and it went on for ages. Yet everyone says its hilarious and a masterpiece. As is said, though, I'll give it another go.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th January 2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 312687)
I'll try it again, but all that phonetic talk bored me. I didn't understand it and it went on for ages. Yet everyone says its hilarious and a masterpiece. As is said, though, I'll give it another go.

If I remember correctly, the first 25 minutes is almost exclusively conversations between Group Capt Lionel Mandrake and General Jack D Ripper. You don't fully get into the lunacy of the situation General Ripper has plunged the world into until a bit later when President Merkin Muffley has Plan R explained to him and you get on board the B-52 which is headed into Russian airspace.

demonknight 15th January 2013 09:22 AM

Jason and the Argonauts, The Ward, both blurays and
I love Monster movies and a Bob Burns tribute doc both
DVD's all arrived this morning. Ya pity about HMV, stuck
with a voucher worth 50euro, but at least I still have my
job i suppose.

Daemonia 15th January 2013 01:14 PM

Thankfully all my Zavvi purchases arrived safely yesterday - so I watched the Others and Dracula - Prince of Darkness last night. The Others was a nice looking transfer and I thought Dracula POD looked stunning. I could see plenty of grain throughout so I can't see that the DNR was overdone. It looked just fine to me. :nod:

Today Puppet Master 2 arrived and I just ordered Puppet Master 3 and tonight I'll be waching PM2 and Jackie Brown. Today will be a good day. :lol:

Refused 15th January 2013 01:16 PM

I still can't bring myself to watch Puppet Master 2 or 3. Not sure why I even own them.

Daemonia 15th January 2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 312747)
I still can't bring myself to watch Puppet Master 2 or 3. Not sure why I even own them.

I'm a big fan of the Full Moon films - although I can't quite articulate why I like them so much. Maybe I'm just....faulty?

Refused 15th January 2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 312754)
I'm a big fan of the Full Moon films - although I can't quite articulate why I like them so much. Maybe I'm just....faulty?

I even watched the first one, and just found it boring. I still went ahead and ordered the sequels.

Rik 15th January 2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 312744)
The Others was a nice looking transfer and I thought Dracula POD looked stunning.

I haven't seen the Others since I was bored to death watching it at the cinema, but I completely agree about D:POD, in fact I may put it on myself later :nod:

J Harker 15th January 2013 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2