Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 15th January 2013 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 96484
Picked these up in HMV's demise sale. Was shocked with the flak the staff were gerting from customers this morning bitching and moaning about their gift cards being void. And the sheer number of people that seemed to be trying to use them!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

SilverGunnar Hansen 15th January 2013 02:47 PM

I got a few things from HNV in their 25% off sale at wknd - Santa Sangre and Salo on Blu, Christmas Evil and Harold's Going Stiff on DVD (both decent but underwhelming), and Cane Toads 3D on Blu. The latter says it's 'Blu Ray 3D + Blu Ray', but the solitary disc doesn't seem to work in my Blu Ray player. Does anyone know if 3D Blus only work on 3D-enabled players? Also, is HMV still going to be open after today?

J Harker 15th January 2013 03:20 PM

They seem to be open til the end of this week at least from what I pickwd up in the store earlier. The guy was saying they were waiting for more news later this week.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th January 2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 312652)
From HMV tonight on the way home:
The Complete Thin Man Collection

:thumb:

trebor8273 15th January 2013 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
still waiting on house by the cemetery and videodrome, which zavii dispatched on the 3rd, but still no sign and have had stuff come from America and china which was ordered afterwards turn up!! anyone know where zavvi send there stuff from, the only place i can think of because of how long it takes is the moon!

but this did come today, all the way from America in just over a week.

Criterion7 15th January 2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 312788)
They seem to be open til the end of this week at least from what I pickwd up in the store earlier. The guy was saying they were waiting for more news later this week.

Probably waiting to hear from people over here. HMV Canada is incredibly successful at the moment and the company Hilco that runs it has shown interest in the UK franchise.

trebor8273 15th January 2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criterion7 (Post 312821)
Probably waiting to hear from people over here. HMV Canada is incredibly successful at the moment and the company Hilco that runs it has shown interest in the UK franchise.

Really shows you why the UK has one of the highest piracy rates in the world, which is sadly a reason why HMV are in this state, that and the stupid pricing which did seem to be getting better in last couple of months at least at my local store

J Harker 15th January 2013 05:36 PM

Some of the pricing in there is bonkers even compared to supermarkets. When you consider the prices the same stuff is available for online i think it was inevitable they were gonna go belly up. That said while ive never been particularly impressed with HMV, particularly my local one, I will miss them. I've always preferred the option to buy my discs from a shop not a computer program.

nekromantik 15th January 2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 312757)
I even watched the first one, and just found it boring. I still went ahead and ordered the sequels.

Hells no lol
I find them ALL fun! :loco:
Yes they are not great movies at all in any sense of the word BUT I am a fan of puppets that kill so I enjoy them. Only ones I did not enjoy are latest two.

Linbro 15th January 2013 06:36 PM

Sad to hear about HMV. The last Aussie store closed a few years ago. I think some of them were rebranded 'Sanity'. I never buy from Sanity - they remove all their discs from the packaging before putting them on the shelves, for security.