Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 15th January 2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 312852)

That Reservoir Dogs release is sweet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

antmumford 15th January 2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 312894)
Whaaaaaaaat? You've never seen the DC of Aliens?

Nope, mate you'd be flabbergasted at the amount of "classics" I've yet to see.

Paul@TheOverlook 15th January 2013 10:52 PM

Theatrical cuts of Alien and Aliens are far superior to the longer versions in my opinion. I've still not seen the longer versions of the third and fourth films.

Daemonia 16th January 2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 312856)
Me and you have must have very different eyes :p

I think we must have! Thing is, I'm more than happy with the transfer, and to me that's all that matters. To others it might be highly imperfect and I have no problem with that either. But, for me, I thought it looked great. :)

nekromantik 16th January 2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 312893)
This Alien talk reminds me that I still need to see the directors/extended cuts. Must do another film marathon with them after recently finishing the Harry Potter one, I have such varied taste in films ;)

:eek:

Am shocked!!

Im a huge Alien fan, got the new Aliens game pre-ordered too! Looks so bad ass!

Just noticed your from Worthing too! lol
Such a boring town aint it.

Linbro 16th January 2013 07:48 AM

Do you guys use protective slips for your steelbooks? I just received a pack of 10 from the UK - clear plastic that covers the top, bottom, front and back. They arrive flat, you just fold along the creases and away you go. Really nice fit.
There was also one in the pack that fits top loading slipcovers - covers the front, back, edges and bottom. You can remove the amaray case without taking the slip out of the protection. Test fitted on my 'Don't Look Now' slip, perfect fit.
Sorry if this has been covered before.
Lincoln.

J Harker 16th January 2013 07:58 AM

Can't say I've ever seen these myself. Not a bad idea though. Particularly for slipcases.

keirarts 16th January 2013 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My mate craig showed up yesterday to hand me my birthday prezzie.....

Attachment 96798

The full steelbook version as well with the lovely book!

J Harker 16th January 2013 08:16 AM

I was wondering, with Play.com shutting doors soon did you guys have any exclusives you wanted to pick up while you still can? If so what? Curiosity and to see if there's anything I wasnt aware off? They do have a lot of exclusive steelbooks.

fuzzymctiger 16th January 2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 312930)
I was wondering, with Play.com shutting doors soon did you guys have any exclusives you wanted to pick up while you still can? If so what? Curiosity and to see if there's anything I wasnt aware off? They do have a lot of exclusive steelbooks.

I would really like the Scott Pilgrim one, but it's too much fuss, as they don't ship to Australia.

I hope HMV's website stays up, as I've always wanted their Dark Shadows, Cabin in The Woods and Touch Of Evil steelbooks, but they're too expensive!!