Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

platostotal 23rd January 2013 04:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Picked up these in HMV 25% off.

Nordicdusk 23rd January 2013 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 97872

Arrived today but the top of the F:censored:IN box is all smashed its barely hanging on. Sorry about my bad language but this really get me.

sawyer6 23rd January 2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 315559)
Honestly I'm not. All I've seen is Psycho and recently
I watched Dial M for Murder. Oh ya and The Birds.

I suggest you to make a change and watch them all ;)

Justin101 23rd January 2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 315577)
Attachment 97872

Arrived today but the top of the F:censored:IN box is all smashed its barely hanging on. Sorry about my bad language but this really get me.

Worse when it's a unique yellow box and a blue amaray wont work for replacement.

Refused 23rd January 2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 315595)
Worse when it's a unique yellow box and a blue amaray wont work for replacement.

Yep! One of my Shameless cases won't hold the disc properly. I wonder if they'd send out replacements if asked nicely? Not sure how to contact them.

Rik 23rd January 2013 05:27 PM

You can buy yellow DVD/BD cases on ebay for a couple of quid :)

monkeyscreams 23rd January 2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 315072)
Jaws Blu Ray looks amazing.

Watched it yesterday evening and I agree, it does look amazing. And it sounds amazing too, John Williams composed the best score for this film imaginable.
There is one scene is this film that explains my love for cinema. That is when Samuel Quint tells about what has happened to him on the USS Indianapolis. The way Robert Shaw acts is spine chilling... Don't really know how to explain this but it touches me every time I see it.

Nordicdusk 23rd January 2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyscreams (Post 315776)
Watched it yesterday evening and I agree, it does look amazing. And it sounds amazing too, John Williams composed the best score for this film imaginable.
There is one scene is this film that explains my love for cinema. That is when Samuel Quint tells about what has happened to him on the USS Indianapolis. The way Robert Shaw acts is spine chilling... Don't really know how to explain this but it touches me every time I see it.

Its one of the best films ever made.

J Harker 23rd January 2013 10:48 PM

Anyone know if there's a way to change the language to English on Amazon.de?

monkeyscreams 23rd January 2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 315780)
Its one of the best films ever made.

I agree! And this scene (three man in a boat ("you're going to need a bigger boat")), surrounded by danger is one of the highlights.
The scene where they are showing their scars and when Hooper tells about his broken heart scar, followed by:
Chief Brody: [pointing at Quint's tattoo scar] What's that one?
Quint: Oh, that's a tattoo. I got that removed.
Hooper: No, Don't tell me. Don't tell me. Mother! [laughs]
Quint: To Hooper, that's the U.S.S. Indianapolis.
[Hooper's face drops]
And the way his face drops and how this rotates the atmosphere by a 180 degrees is just incredible. How it connects with their situation they're in.

(English is not my native language and it is hard to explain things like this, if it sounds silly, please excuse me.)