Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 24th January 2013 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 315848)
Slim pickings in CEX this morning, but I did manage to get 2 classics and 1 low budget piece of trash for £1 each, less than I was paying for a pint of Becks Vier in the pub last night!

Attachment 97980

i thought he was dead did you get his autograph :happy:

darthelvis 24th January 2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 315952)
Two more Best Picture Oscar winning films arrived today:
My Fair Lady: Two-Disc Special Edition DVD
Dances with Wolves: 20th Anniversary Blu-ray

There are loads on the way including Braveheart (BD), The Best Years of Our Lives (DVD) and From Here to Eternity (DVD).

Are you collecting all Best Picture winners? I have always been tempted to give myself the challenging of watching them all in a year.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th January 2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 315958)
Are you collecting all Best Picture winners? I have always been tempted to give myself the challenging of watching them all in a year.

I am, yes. Since January 10, I've been watching all the Best Picture winners as I set myself a challenge to watch them all before the Oscars ceremony. It's going really well!

darthelvis 24th January 2013 03:13 PM

Have my day off work ready for this years one.

Hawkmonger 24th January 2013 03:19 PM

I have to say, unlike most of Spilebergs work, or most movies considered 'The Best', Jaws live's up to it's reputation and it truely a magnificent piece of cinema almost unriveld in term's of sheer excelence. The BD is a stunner to BTW!:hail:

demonknight 24th January 2013 03:43 PM

The Coffin Joe Collection replacement dvd arrived today.
Now I'm happy. :clap:

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th January 2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 315970)
The Coffin Joe Collection replacement dvd arrived today.
Now I'm happy. :clap:

I must have missed your original post demonknight, what was wrong with the original?

demonknight 24th January 2013 03:52 PM

The original package arrived damaged.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th January 2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 315975)
The original package arrived damaged.

Ah right thanks. I wondered if the discs were defective or something on those lines, as its a set i still haven't picked up.

Demoncrat 24th January 2013 03:54 PM

Knock Off (Tsui Hark) (columbia tristar dvd,ahem, the ghastly "glass" case didn't put me off even, sue me tis the only JCVD film I'l have in the house)

Vulgar (lionsgate R1 release)...such is the life of a charity shop worker. since we can't legally sell R1s, I get first pick. so far....some crappy Reese Witherspoon romcom, a Xtian propaganda film....and this. Hmmmm. such fun!!;)