Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th January 2013 05:45 PM

A fantastic haul Trebor. :woot:

trebor8273 26th January 2013 05:56 PM

Theses ones where blind buys, any help on how good or bad there are would be most appreciated

Kitaro
Spontaneous combustion
Embodiment of evil- got to see if I like joe coffin if I to will get box set
Mother's Day
Leather face
Lizard woman
Not of this earth
Eden of the east
Staunton hill didn't even know Romero had a son!
Bogeyman
Umbrage the first vampire
Vampires daughters of Dracula - not sure about this from the back of box it seem to be erotica
Suspiria- never seen it and happy to get a copy, know I will enjoy

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th January 2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 316584)
Theses ones where blind buys, any help on how good or bad there are would be most appreciated

Kitaro
Spontaneous combustion
Embodiment of evil- got to see if I like joe coffin if I to will get box set Very good, its the only Coffin Joe film i've seen, nasty and rather surreal in places.
Mother's Day A decent thriller.
Leather face Others like it, i don't.
Lizard woman
Not of this earth Enjoyable trash with Traci Lords.
Eden of the east
Staunton hill didn't even know Romero had a son! Derivative horror, ok but been done before, and done better.
Bogeyman Shockingly bad. Sorry.
Umbrage the first vampire
Vampires daughters of Dracula - not sure about this from the back of box it seem to be erotica A brilliant slice of Gothic erotica, between this and Suspiria for your best purchase.
Suspiria- never seen it and happy to get a copy, know I will enjoy Excellent film. Dario at his best.

:)

Justin101 26th January 2013 06:30 PM

Eden of the East is a good anime series, kinda like a spy thriller.
I saw spontaneous combustion years ago from 'the video shop' if it's the same film, typical late 80's early 90's horror film.

trebor8273 26th January 2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 316599)
Eden of the East is a good anime series, kinda like a spy thriller.
I saw spontaneous combustion years ago from 'the video shop' if it's the same film, typical late 80's early 90's horror film.

It's tobe hooper if that helps.

Justin101 26th January 2013 06:41 PM

Yeah I imdb it and it's the same film, but bearing in mind I would have been 13 or 14 when it came out on VHS, I can't remember anything about it apart from the fact I've seen it :lol:

trebor8273 26th January 2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 316607)
Yeah I imdb it and it's the same film, but bearing in mind I would have been 13 or 14 when it came out on VHS, I can't remember anything about it apart from the fact I've seen it :lol:

From amazon reviews it seems very poor but will give it a chance always thought brad dourif was a good actor

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th January 2013 07:30 PM

I received Braveheart (BD) today and Around The World in 80 Days and The Thick of It: Series 4 have been shipped by Amazon.

antmumford 26th January 2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 316556)
Just bought these new at my local shop,I haven't seen any of these (except Saw VII) but from time to time I like to get a few newer films to watch so...I hope they're at least half decent... ;)

I paid 22,47 Euro for everything,all Dutch dvd's.

Saw 3D (VII)
Hobo with a Shotgun
Little Big Soldier
The Collector (2009)
Repo Men
The Ghost Writer aka The Ghost

Little Big Soldiers great, the best Jackie Chan film of his most recent outputs.

pedromonkey 26th January 2013 08:21 PM

did a bit of amazon shopping late last night and ordered these...

BILLY BATHGATE
15 MINUTES
OUTLAW JOSEY WALES
TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA
FIREFOX

Came to just under £9.00 with P+P.