All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151383Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2013, 07:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but has anyone had zavvi take money for items which they probably didn't have in stock?

Placed a order for 3 movies , videodrome, house by the cemetery and city of the living dead. City turned up quite promptly for zavvi about a week, emailed them about other two and they sent out a replacement for videodrome which came this week, nothing about house by the cemetery until a email today saying if I could tell which item it is even though it states it on the top of the email!!!!

Just ended up checking and the collectors edition is no longer even listed. Just makes me think it was never in stock.

Edit

This was the beginning of the month, the third when I first placed order
They say they charge cards upon dispatch, but I can confirm this is an unequivocal lie. They charged me for my last order days before it shipped.
Old 27th January 2013, 10:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but has anyone had zavvi take money for items which they probably didn't have in stock?

Placed a order for 3 movies , videodrome, house by the cemetery and city of the living dead. City turned up quite promptly for zavvi about a week, emailed them about other two and they sent out a replacement for videodrome which came this week, nothing about house by the cemetery until a email today saying if I could tell which item it is even though it states it on the top of the email!!!!

Just ended up checking and the collectors edition is no longer even listed. Just makes me think it was never in stock.

Edit

This was the beginning of the month, the third when I first placed order
I'm still waiting on DJANGO on blu-ray, this was a pre-order I might add, I suspect a lot of what they advertise they dont even have. I find the apologetic e-mails they send frankly embarrasing.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 28th January 2013, 10:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Mostly a mix of stuff from the Play.com Clearance sale, and the bewildering effort by distributors to bankrupt me on January 28th by releasing so many bloody movies! Seriously, 10 of those, all due for release today. There's several out today I wanted but am holding off until next month too (The Woodsman And The Rain, Holy Motors and Paris, Texas). I'm very tempted to buy the rest of the Warner Steelbooks next month too .
Old 28th January 2013, 11:03 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Those Steelbooks look really good – I'll see which ones take my fancy and look around for the best prices. Dammit, this place continues to cost money!
Old 28th January 2013, 11:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I take back everything I said above! Hermes > Royal Mail. Everything shipped on Sunday, arrived today (Monday morning!). All packaged amazingly from Amazon. Absolute monster of a box housing their individual Steelbook packages. Although two of the six steelbook boxes weren't done right, I'm guessing whoever packed them got confused.
Old 28th January 2013, 11:09 AM
Cult Master

Charity shop

Piranha DD - £1:00

Yes, I know it's supposed to be awful, but face it - violence, tits and The Hoff for £1:00!

Can't go wrong, can you!!!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th January 2013, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post

Mostly a mix of stuff from the Play.com Clearance sale, and the bewildering effort by distributors to bankrupt me on January 28th by releasing so many bloody movies! Seriously, 10 of those, all due for release today. There's several out today I wanted but am holding off until next month too (The Woodsman And The Rain, Holy Motors and Paris, Texas). I'm very tempted to buy the rest of the Warner Steelbooks next month too .
Those are very nice looking steelbooks. Im very tempted to get a few, but like you, then I'd want them all.

Are the ratings removable?

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 28th January 2013, 11:17 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I take back everything I said above! Hermes > Royal Mail. Everything shipped on Sunday, arrived today (Monday morning!). All packaged amazingly from Amazon. Absolute monster of a box housing their individual Steelbook packages. Although two of the six steelbook boxes weren't done right, I'm guessing whoever packed them got confused.
I've had odd experience with Amazon and steelbooks.

I've had an order in one box, but the steelbook in a bubble envelope, but the 2 tapes together, I've had them come all in one packages, and weirdest of all, for Christmas I had 2 in an order, and one was with the rest normally, and the other was in their steelbook boxes, but in the same box with the rest of the order!!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 28th January 2013, 11:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Those Steelbooks look really good – I'll see which ones take my fancy and look around for the best prices. Dammit, this place continues to cost money!
You've probably got them pre-ordered already but forgot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Those are very nice looking steelbooks. Im very tempted to get a few, but like you, then I'd want them all.

Are the ratings removable?
The ratings are stickers, but they're on the Steelbooks themselves, rather than the wrapping. I daren't try to remove them until I hear someone else mention they're easy peel .
Old 28th January 2013, 11:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

If I get paid I think I'll pick up Shadows and Faces myself. Have also ordered just two of those steelbooks The Maltese Falcon and Casablanca in a way I'd like them all but I think I'm just lusting after the boxes more for the others, we'll see. Stupidly I've ordered from where I could get them cheapest £10.62 each, of course they haven't been dispatched so who knows when I'll get them!
bdc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!