Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Criterion7 3rd February 2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 318673)
Perhaps then, amazon is a beast that should be no longer fed?

I Know i'm contemplating switching as many orders as possible to direct from source or sainsburys in future, but as a marketplace seller its going to be hard to stop giving them some of my money.

I'm trying to take my buying completely offline and only buying from local shops unless its something super interesting or rare. I'll support an online seller rather than a company.

Nemesis 3rd February 2013 04:03 PM

Another thing that I have noticed is that Zavvi/Sendit have reduced their back catalogue quite a bit - they only seem to list things that are in stock, meaning you cannot order anything in. I tried looking for Mummy's Shroud and Quai des brumes - no dice.

Edit - by the way, if anyone is going to or has bought Criterion's Ballad of Narayama BD, there appears to be an encoding error. No word yet on replacement schemes or anything.

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd February 2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 318689)
I had wondered why my copy of Gone With The Wind had a number '1' on. I even took it out looking for the other disc wondering if it was one of those stacking cases.

Yeah, I would've gladly paid a little more for it if they had included the other discs.

trebor8273 3rd February 2013 04:48 PM

Just preordered season one of enterprise and season 3 of next gen on blu ray from sainburys can't see amazon beating these prices. £50.99 each.

keirarts 3rd February 2013 05:12 PM

I've ordered FROM BEYOND.

Ordered a nectar card to try and start earning points as well.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd February 2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 318673)
Perhaps then, amazon is a beast that should be no longer fed?

I Know i'm contemplating switching as many orders as possible to direct from source or sainsburys in future, but as a marketplace seller its going to be hard to stop giving them some of my money.

If we stop visiting Amazon then you won't earn anything. :)

Susan Foreman 3rd February 2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 318721)
Ordered a nectar card to try and start earning points as well.

I've got one, and it's got hundreds of points on it. All those bottles of vodka I've bought over the year

Trouble is...I have no idea how to 'cash them in'!

Rik 3rd February 2013 06:52 PM

Does anyone know what's happened to DVDCOMPARE.NET, the domain has expired?

dvdcompare.net

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd February 2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 318756)
Does anyone know what's happened to DVDCOMPARE.NET, the domain has expired?

dvdcompare.net

Not sure, but the guy who runs it said on Twitter that it should be back up by the 6th at the latest.

Rik 3rd February 2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 318757)
Not sure, but the guy who runs it said on Twitter that it should be back up by the 6th at the latest.

Ah right, good stuff, cheers Stephen