Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 4th February 2013 10:57 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Recent purchases over the last month

(annoyingly Ubaldo Terzani Horror Show seems to be the the non-English friendly version and Maniac is the one disc edition so both will be going back)

Metallicbomb 4th February 2013 11:59 AM

Today's Arrivals :D
Tartan Asia Extreme: The Happiness Of The Katakuris
Tartan Asia Extreme: Tetsuo
Tartan Asia Extreme: Tetsuo 2
Tartan Asia Extreme: Freezer
Tartan Video: Funny Games
Tartan: Ed Gein
Tartan: The Hillside Strangler
Blair Witch 2
Beyond Reanimator
Children Of The Corn 4
Children Of The Corn 5
Children Of The Corn 7
Hardware
The Ring Virus
Trollhunter

PaulD 4th February 2013 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As well as today's Knightriders pre-order I also just paid more than is probably worth for this:

Metallicbomb 4th February 2013 02:04 PM

What is on that DVD Paul means its a 2 disc
I really like that film and am tempted to order one
Off Amazon for £12

PaulD 4th February 2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 318964)
What is on that DVD Paul means its a 2 disc
I really like that film and am tempted to order one
Off Amazon for £12

All I know is it's a limited and numbered 2 disc edition with lots of extras apparently. Not sure if the extras are English-friendly but the movie is

Hawkmonger 4th February 2013 02:28 PM

My Utena collection arrived this morning. With compliments from Nozomi, and isolated OST! Thats great, Utena has one of the best soundtracks i've heard in any TV series. :dance: Just spent the afternoon while the plaster cast is stripped off watching the first 6 episodes. Episode 6 is as bat shit insane as I remember and VERY Japanese in humour. The rest is all class mind, still hate that annoying monkey. Might crack open my DBZ boxset this evening and mingle between the two...

Metallicbomb 4th February 2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 318969)
All I know is it's a limited and numbered 2 disc edition with lots of extras apparently. Not sure if the extras are English-friendly but the movie is

How Much Did You Pay For Yours If You Don't Mind Me Asking:o

Justin101 4th February 2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 318977)
My Utena collection arrived this morning. With compliments from Nozomi, and isolated OST! Thats great, Utena has one of the best soundtracks i've heard in any TV series. :dance: Just spent the afternoon while the plaster cast is stripped off watching the first 6 episodes. Episode 6 is as bat shit insane as I remember and VERY Japanese in humour. The rest is all class mind, still hate that annoying monkey. Might crack open my DBZ boxset this evening and mingle between the two...

I tried Utena but not for me, it reminded too much of Sailor Moon! I might try the next few episodes though, see if it grows on me :D

PaulD 4th February 2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 318979)
How Much Did You Pay For Yours If You Don't Mind Me Asking:o

It was about £16 on eBay:loco:

It's about £15 on Amazon.it

Hawkmonger 4th February 2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 318983)
I tried Utena but not for me, it reminded too much of Sailor Moon! I might try the next few episodes though, see if it grows on me :D

As I said, most Shojo repels me, but the Movie really klicked for me for some reason. The theme's where prity resque for a teenagers film. The series grew on me also. I hate the 'comic relief pet' figure Chu-Chu, but most fan's seem to so at least i'm not hating him alone. With the exception of a few scene's from the ever bitchy Nonami (and the infamous episode 6...boxing kangaroo, what where they smocking?!) the series is nearly perfect for me. If you didn't like it the first time you'l probably never like the series, the movie maybe but that can be as deppressing as shit sometimes. :lol:
Lawd help me if the Live Action movie get's commissioned. :pound: