Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

pedromonkey 3rd June 2010 03:34 PM

just picked up these 4 today...

The Children
Earth Vs the flying Saucers
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: Gruesome Edition
(R.I.P Dennis)
Futureworld (Peter Fonda)

They set me back 16 english pounds....not bad really...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ive just checked dvdcompare and the region 1 TCM2 gruesome edition has tones of extra's where as the region 2 disc only has a trailer and interactive menu's. WTF?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
just checked the disc and MGM have slapped different artwork onto the old disc and repackaged it as the Gruesome edition, an absolute con job, but only cost me 4.00 so, slighty pissed....

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd June 2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 83869)
ive just checked dvdcompare and the region 1 TCM2 gruesome edition has tones of extra's where as the region 2 disc only has a trailer and interactive menu's. WTF?
just checked the disc and MGM have slapped different artwork onto the old disc and repackaged it as the Gruesome edition, an absolute con job, but only cost me 4.00 so, slighty pissed....

Cheeky buggers.The Region 1 disc is a stonker too!

Just ordered the 12 titles in Boulevard Entertainments B-Movie collection.Didn't have the box in stock and I was just going to order a couple of them,but when I found out that all the spines made up a picture,I had to get them all.Don't you hate companies that do that? ;) :lol:

Sam 3rd June 2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 83896)
Cheeky buggers.The Region 1 disc is a stonker too!

Just ordered the 12 titles in Boulevard Entertainments B-Movie collection.Didn't have the box in stock and I was just going to order a couple of them,but when I found out that all the spines made up a picture,I had to get them all.Don't you hate companies that do that? ;) :lol:

I ordered a few of these too; The Stuff, Return to Horror High and Slugs. I was tempted by the limited edition boxset but there are some absolute turkeys in there which I don't want to see again, never mind own again :lol:

Also picked up The Mangler: Reborn from Poundland, although I don't hold out much hope for any film that quotes IMDB on the back :rolleyes:

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd June 2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 83936)
I ordered a few of these too; The Stuff, Return to Horror High and Slugs. I was tempted by the limited edition boxset but there are some absolute turkeys in there which I don't want to see again, never mind own again :lol:

I'm sure I'll regret some of them :lol: I've seen Crocodile and Octopus once before and they were crap.Why did I just buy them all again? :pound:

pedromonkey 3rd June 2010 07:30 PM

because of the spine steve, because of the spine....

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd June 2010 07:32 PM

Oh yes :D It's the only reason anyone would buy the travesty that is the colourized Night Of Th Living Dead.I must have a screw loose! :loco:

Aurora75 4th June 2010 01:01 PM

Just bought:

Forbidden World
&
2019 - After the Fall of New York

Looking forward to a sunday of post apocalyptic/Sci-fi craziness.. :)

Pete 4th June 2010 01:07 PM

I love 2019: After the Fall of New York. It's the best of the italian post apocalypse films IMO.

Aurora75 4th June 2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 84085)
I love 2019: After the Fall of New York. It's the best of the italian post apocalypse films IMO.

That's good to know from somebody with your taste for films! Cheers Loops :)

Philleh 4th June 2010 05:31 PM

Yesterday I grabbed:

Fatal Move
Kill Zone
Shifty

I recently watched Ip Man on BD too - looked gorgeous, and was a great film!