Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th February 2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 320055)
Cool. Hopefully his work is to my taste and I won't want to flog the boxset one film in :lol: . . .

Apart from Europe in the Raw, I have all the films in the boxset as I bought them separately. Russ Meyer's films are undoubtedly an acquired taste, so it's probably best to watch them in chronological order, so you see the likes of Lorna, Mudhoney, The Immoral Mr Teas before going on to his more weird and wonderful material.

I think, with the exception of Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, Meyer's films largely get better as they go on, so it's worth watching everything in the boxset (Mondo Topless is definitely a Marmite moment!).

Nemesis 8th February 2013 10:42 AM

Ordered:

The Mummy's Shroud BD
The Devil's Business

Metallicbomb 8th February 2013 11:22 AM

Postman's daily visit :laugh:
Tartan Terror: Monster Man
Tartan Video: Ex-Drummer
Tartan Video: The Terrorist
Demons
Children Of The Corn I-III
One Missed Call
Pop Flix: Werewolf Set
Pop Flix: Slasher Set
Tartan Video: Faithless
Tartan Video: Dog Days
I ordered the 2 Pop Flix sets from AllYourMusic as anybody actually
Ever received a disc from there and it hasn't been loose rattling around
The case:mmph::censored:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th February 2013 11:31 AM

Although I've seen both recently for my Best Picture Oscar winners challenge, I received Terms of Endearment (DVD) and A Beautiful Mind (BD) in the mail today as I also decided to buy each one I didn't already have in case I decide to do the challenge again in the future.

darthelvis 8th February 2013 11:38 AM

Received Men in Black 3 from the wife yesterday on blu ray and just ordered myself Prison & The Video Dead/Terrorvision double bills on blu coming from Scream Factory!

Is The Nest worth a purchase?

Justin101 8th February 2013 11:56 AM

Just put my pre-order in for The Hobbit Amazon exclusive Steelbook. It's £20 currently so I'll be keeping my eye on the price, if it doesn't drop I'll cancel and get the regular one from the cheapest place.

Rik 8th February 2013 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found these two waiting for me when I got in from college a bit ago :)

Attachment 99286

PaulD 8th February 2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 320096)
Found these two waiting for me when I got in from college a bit ago :)

Attachment 99286

Tucker and Dale is a fantastic film; a brilliant blend of horror and comedy. ROTLD, less so (although I can never really get on board with that film)

Pete 8th February 2013 12:28 PM

TUCKER AND DALE is brilliant. :)

Rik 8th February 2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 320101)
Tucker and Dale is a fantastic film; a brilliant blend of horror and comedy. ROTLD, less so (although I can never really get on board with that film)

I've only seen Tucker and Dale once, and I loved it. ROTLD I bought mainly for the extras, although I do like the film itself