Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SShaw 10th February 2013 11:49 AM

As above, PAL speedup probably explains the difference. The BBFC website lists it as uncut - although it is always possible the distributor submitted a precut version for classification.

Delirium 10th February 2013 12:17 PM

As far as I'm aware it's uncut. My friend has it (I have the R1) and hasn't complained - we both saw it originally at a festival screening.

We both maintain that both the home versions are ever-so-slightly snipped though, but are not sure if it was joint hallucination, as we can't find any evidence to support that.

Incidentally it's one of my most wanted blu rays. It's my favourite horror film of the last decade, and I'm itching for a blu ray of it.

Justin101 10th February 2013 12:24 PM

I just bought Hellraiser 2 from CEX, the cover has the logo for 'Boulevard Entertainment' but the disc says Anchor Bay ?!?

Have I got the wrong disc or is that just how they come lol? The cover states uncut version but is the Anchor Bay one uncut too?

Justin101 10th February 2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 320554)
I just bought Hellraiser 2 from CEX, the cover has the logo for 'Boulevard Entertainment' but the disc says Anchor Bay ?!?

Have I got the wrong disc or is that just how they come lol? The cover states uncut version but is the Anchor Bay one uncut too?

Never mind I've put the disc in and it's just the film and no extras, it's the Anchor Bay 'Horror Classics' version but it is uncut, it's 99 mins and looks like NTSC. It was only £1.50 though and I just felt like watching it :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th February 2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 320560)
Never mind I've put the disc in and it's just the film and no extras, it's the Anchor Bay 'Horror Classics' version but it is uncut, it's 99 mins and looks like NTSC. It was only £1.50 though and I just felt like watching it :D

Boulevard have released a lot of Anchor Bay titles that are complete ports of the AB versions, even some of them the ntsc region 1 discs.

Justin101 10th February 2013 12:57 PM

The cover art shows extra features and an open matte version of the film but the disc goes straight to the menu and is bare bones.

trebor8273 10th February 2013 01:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
decided to goto CEX again and get rid of some more stuff i did want anymore and picked up al of these, a lot are blind buys

these are the blind buys
the resident- bought just because of Christopher lee
jack's back
psychic killer
wolf creek
spawn 2
edgar allan poes buried alive
cutting moments
hatchet 2
Hercules in new york
indestructible man
existenz
the giant leeches
zombie strippers
little shop of horrors
dying breed
all the boyslove mandy lane
barton fink
the hunger(tv series)

so which ones would people say are good and which are bad choices

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th February 2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 320565)
The cover art shows extra features and an open matte version of the film but the disc goes straight to the menu and is bare bones.

Hmmmmm, weird.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th February 2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 320568)
these are the blind buys
the resident- bought just because of Christopher lee
jack's back
psychic killer
wolf creek
spawn 2
edgar allan poes buried alive
cutting moments
hatchet 2
Hercules in new york
indestructible man
existenz
the giant leeches
zombie strippers
little shop of horrors
dying breed
all the boyslove mandy lane
barton fink
the hunger(tv series)

so which ones would people say are good and which are bad choices

I'm not sure about which are bad, but I've put the good ones in bold. Barton Fink is one of the Coen brothers best films.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th February 2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 320568)
the hunger(tv series)

I love the series of The Hunger. I notice you only picked up series 2 though. If it's a blind buy, I'd definitely recommend you pick up series 1 too (although the two do not follow on from each other).

I also agree with Nos in relation to Barton Fink.