Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

fuzzymctiger 14th February 2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 321438)
1911 Revolution BD from Sainsbury's earlier and Touch of Evil Steelbook. Eureka have them for sale at £14.99. :woot: I guess it's something to do with HMV going downhill.

Wher did you get the touch of evil steel?

Refused 14th February 2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 321476)
Wher did you get the touch of evil steel?

Eureka Offers - Eureka Exclusives

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th February 2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 321371)
Had this arrive... :)

Maria's "B" Movie Mayhem (Code Red)
- Seeds of Evil (1974)
- Touch of Satan, The (1971)

http://dv1.us/p1/873/192873-d0.jpg

Been watching a bit of Maria on Celebrity Apprentice from 2010 which has been showing on BBC 1 late Sunday nights.

Metallicbomb 14th February 2013 01:25 PM

Postman bought these
Visiting Hours
Don't Go In The Woods
Night School
Tartan Blu-Ray: Oldboy
Tartan Blu-Ray: Lady Vengence
Tartan Blu-Ray: The Machinist
Tartan Video: A Ma Soeur
Tartan Video: The Ages Of Lulu
The Wave
Das Experiment
The Baader-Meinhof Complex
Benny's Video
The Seventh Continent
71 Fragments Of A Chronology Of Chance
Dawn Of The Dead
Once Upon A Time In The West
Halloween IV
Halloween V
Opera (UK)
Two Evil Eyes
Doors Into Darkness
Do You Like Hitchcock
The Card Player
Sonatine
Alive
Mother
The Howling Reborn
Ran
Shogun's Samurai
Cold Prey 2
Laid To Rest
Takeshi's
Livid

Justin101 14th February 2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 321438)
1911 Revolution BD from Sainsbury's earlier and Touch of Evil Steelbook. Eureka have them for sale at £14.99. :woot: I guess it's something to do with HMV going downhill.

I got mine in store at HMV for the same price not long ago, I was under the impression they were just selling off excess stock anyway so maybe HMV have sold some back to Eureka?

platostotal 14th February 2013 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a film but picked up the pre-Monty Python 'Do Not Adjust Your Set' 2 disc set from CEX for £1.50, amazing that this is a children's show from 1967, Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band and all, they do 'Monster Mash' in episode 1.

Slippery Jack 14th February 2013 07:15 PM

Went into my local hmv with the big STORE CLOSING banners outside. They had signs up in the horror section saying 'UP TO 60% OFF!' There wasn't much left in the section I wanted, but got The Gorgon and The Damned. The guy at the checkout seemed clueless about the 60% off thing. I took him to the signs and he just shrugged and said "Nah, we don't own the company that makes those signs, it's supposed to be 25% off. Do you still want them?" :confused::confused::confused:

I did buy em, but left the shop pretty confused. There are cheap looking signs up all over the place saying 50% and 60% off, but they don't seem to apply. Weird :confused: . . .

trebor8273 14th February 2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 321570)
Went into my local hmv with the big STORE CLOSING banners outside. They had signs up in the horror section saying 'UP TO 60% OFF!' There wasn't much left in the section I wanted, but got The Gorgon and The Damned. The guy at the checkout seemed clueless about the 60% off thing. I took him to the signs and he just shrugged and said "Nah, we don't own the company that makes those signs, it's supposed to be 25% off. Do you still want them?" :confused::confused::confused:

I did buy em, but left the shop pretty confused. There are cheap looking signs up all over the place saying 50% and 60% off, but they don't seem to apply. Weird :confused: . . .

another one of HMV problems lack of communication, most of the time the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing

Metallicbomb 14th February 2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 321570)

I know I was well pissed when they had the same signs in my local
So I grabbed a pile and when the cashier told me £120
I don't think the :censored: even took 25/ of my Stuff :mad2:

SShaw 14th February 2013 07:42 PM

So having given up on my order from Arrow I stopped off at Saturn on the way home to pick up something for the weekend.

A good week with releases on Blu-ray of:

Brake
God Bless America
Savages

Got home to find my neighbour had taken in my package from Arrow (sods law I guess) containing

Lady Snowblood
Lisa and the Devil
Black Sunday

So from having just one film in the too watch pile I am now back to 9!