Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151213Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2013, 07:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361387068.242387.jpg
Something a little more up to date than what I've recently been viewing...by about 87 years!

Last edited by JoshuaKaitlyn; 20th February 2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 20th February 2013, 07:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Fantastic film for me one of Carpenter's best. Also a great price compared to what some places are selling it at only thing I really don't like the artwork of the DVD liked the VHS artwork a lot more
I love Alice Cooper so I quite like the art on this DVD However if Studio Canal releases it on blu I'd prefer to have the proper poster artwork.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st February 2013, 08:15 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361434457.564978.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361434471.616469.jpg

Recent purchases. I'm going to put the Bond BD into the relevant space in the 50 years boxset and sell this with just the DVD in to hopefully make some of my money back.
bdc, BAKA, trebor8273 and 2 others like this.
Old 21st February 2013, 08:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I don't think I've posted since. I did go to a HMV a couple of weeks back to experience it one last time, I haven't been in one for a few years so I'm guessing by my next chance it will be gone.

As is traditional with my previous HMV visits they didn't have a single CD I was after or many DVDs but I did get a few bits. Everything 25% apart from Mildred Pierce and the Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds cd was from Amazon this week as it's a new release.

Should finally have volume 1 of Prisoner Cell Block H coming to me soon.
bdc, Justin101, BAKA and 5 others like this.
Old 21st February 2013, 08:47 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Everything 25% apart from Mildred Pierce and the Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds cd was from Amazon this week as it's a new release.
I was in there last night wanting to get the limited edition of the Bad Seeds album as it was cheap than online (in HMV instore! I know) but they didn't have any on the shelves. They apparently had 2 copies in the store somewhere but couldn't account for where they were. So frustrating.
Old 21st February 2013, 08:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I was in there last night wanting to get the limited edition of the Bad Seeds album as it was cheap than online (in HMV instore! I know) but they didn't have any on the shelves. They apparently had 2 copies in the store somewhere but couldn't account for where they were. So frustrating.
I originally pre-order it through WOW for about £11 but received an email a few days before release saying it was a limited release and they weren't getting any so I ended up panic ordering through Amazon for £15, I'm going to avoid seeing it go down in price.

Basically limited edition items I pre-order remain in stock for ever and go down super cheap, anything I leave until later immediately sells out and is only found available second hand for four times the original cost. I just have no luck.
Old 21st February 2013, 10:44 AM
Cult Veteran

How is the Nick Cave album? They had the limited version in the Liverpool HMV but it was at a premium for a video compared to the regular version at a tenner?!? I hate those DVD sized CD albums

Old 21st February 2013, 11:10 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
How is the Nick Cave album? They had the limited version in the Liverpool HMV but it was at a premium for a video compared to the regular version at a tenner?!? I hate those DVD sized CD albums
The album is fantastic and the deluxe edition is beautiful, it's a gorgeous book, I'd say it's worth £15 although I would have preferred £12!
Justin101 likes this.
Old 21st February 2013, 11:33 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
The album is fantastic and the deluxe edition is beautiful, it's a gorgeous book, I'd say it's worth £15 although I would have preferred £12!
If they still have the book version this evening I'll pick it up then It can go next to my Dead Can Dance book version of Anastasis that cost £60 in the end with import fees

Old 21st February 2013, 11:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
If they still have the book version this evening I'll pick it up then It can go next to my Dead Can Dance book version of Anastasis that cost £60 in the end with import fees
£60!?! £15 would be a bargain then!

Like this? Share it using the links below!