Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 10:13 AM

That Thirst release looks sweet Phil. :thumb:

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 84281)
Btw according to what I've read the German dvd version is a different version than the US version and should include more gore/different edits/alternative footage/alternative soundtrack/different end titles.

Cool.I'll make sure I keep the German disc then. :nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 10:18 AM

Oooohhhh Very nice Philleh.Thirst even uses the art that the MPAA made the distributors alter.Oooooo a pair of legs! Disgraceful! :lol:

Philleh 5th June 2010 10:20 AM

I wanted to get the Blu-ray of it, but it's Region A locked (one of the few Korean BDs to be!)! Boo :)

Lukcily I have the Tartan BD - so all is not lost.

And that the whole fiasco over the cover was hilarious, maybe they got offended more by the fact it was a priest with a woman wrapped around him? :lol:

Gojirosan 5th June 2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 84257)

So so so so SO good! Decent disk too.

Enjoy! :cool:

Hmmmm...you've got me thinking...I haven't patronised the good people at Raro in a while...I also STILL haven't watched The Cold-Blooded Beast, despite all my efforts to find a copy of the bloody thing! :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 84293)
So so so so SO good! Decent disk too.

Enjoy! :cool:

I'd been looking at picking it up for a while now, but decided to finally take the plunge - mainly spurred on by your great review a while ago mate. :tea:

kingofwitches666 5th June 2010 11:35 AM

Purchased

Blood for Dracula (Tartan).
Flesh for Frankenstein (Tartan).
They were only a fiver each :thumb:

Giulio Questi's Django Kill! (Argent Films).
Blood Feast 2 (Arrow).
Rob Zombie's Halloween II on Blu-ray. Not seen the film yet, it was only £8, I just hope it's not as terrible as some people have made it out to be! :pray:
Last of the Living. Took a gamble with this one, I needed some change for my bus fare so I wandered into my local HMV to pick something up cheap & found this for £4. Anyone else seen it?

The last two items I got today were birthday presents.

I got the Twin Peaks Definitive Gold Box Edition from my Mum. :woot:
& I got City of the Living Dead Arrow Blu from my Brother. :dance:

My family rocks! :rockon:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 84301)
The last two items I got today were birthday presents.

I got the Twin Peaks Definitive Gold Box Edition from my Mum. :woot:
& I got City of the Living Dead Arrow Blu from my Brother. :dance:

VERY nice b/day pressies! :nod: :cool:

Phantom 5th June 2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 84256)
Showgirls just popped through my letterbox :D A blu-ray and dvd package,I was expecting it to be the just the film on the BD and a copy of the special edition dvd but in fact its a BD with the special features from the dvd (plus an extra featurette) and the special edition dvd, although it doesn't look like the short video commentary by the girls of Scores is on the BD (it's on the dvd). :cool:

Nice! Was considering this also. Can you confirm it's region free status?

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 12:41 PM

Sorry Phantom,I checked when I put it in,it's unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) locked to Region A.