Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

sawyer6 21st February 2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 323182)
Just got in
And for no reason just happened to look in the postbox (even though he's already been) and in thier was a giffi bag containing Eyes Without A Face.
One of the harder to find Second Sight dvds :woot:.

I didn't know it was pop :(

antmumford 21st February 2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 323230)
The cover makes it seem like a crappy teen flick but it really aint!
People are calling it the best movie of last year and its in my top 5 of last year and thats saying something as I usually only watch horror and thrillers!

It is a great film. The other annoyance of the cover is the pic of the main kid, he's been photoshopped to the point that it now looks nothing like him.

fuzzymctiger 21st February 2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 323264)
It is a great film. The other annoyance of the cover is the pic of the main kid, he's been photoshopped to the point that it now looks nothing like him.

My main gripe is the "We Are Infinite" tagline

Frankenhooker 21st February 2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handyman Joe (Post 323163)
£51 quid. Doesn't happen too often, believe me! Fancy 3-1 Liverpool tonight, but no chance of 2 in a week coming up. Maybe I should start a betting thread and lead us all on the road to ruin (or bigger collections:))

Did you put that Liverpool bet on ?

Metallicbomb 21st February 2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 323259)
I didn't know it was pop :(

What do you mean:confused:

Delirium 21st February 2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 322927)
Are you starting your DVD and Blu-ray collection from scratch or do you normally buy about 50 a week?!

It's true.

I like checking out the bits and bobs folk pick up for themselves as treats. And although there's the occasional bit of willy waving, it seems John Holmes has entered the thread.

Slippery Jack 21st February 2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 323272)
What do you mean:confused:

He means oop (out of print), not pop (piece of piss...?) . . .

Linbro 22nd February 2013 12:06 AM

Can anyone recommend a blu of Romero's 'Dawn of the Dead'? The available options seem to be: Arrow - goes for pretty big $
Umbrella - 2 disc Aussie release.
Also found 2 metalpaks, which look to have the same content, differing artwork. Both state 'Argento cut'. I think they're German releases.

Any opinions on the above, or anything else that's available?
Lincoln.

fuzzymctiger 22nd February 2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 323276)
Can anyone recommend a blu of Romero's 'Dawn of the Dead'? The available options seem to be: Arrow - goes for pretty big $
Umbrella - 2 disc Aussie release.
Also found 2 metalpaks, which look to have the same content, differing artwork. Both state 'Argento cut'. I think they're German releases.

Any opinions on the above, or anything else that's available?
Lincoln.

I don't think the Argento Cut is one you want to get. Maybe as a trivial or collectors thing.

The Australian Blu has all 3 cuts I think, plus an exclusive 50 min panel with George Romero from a Melbourne International Film Festival. It also retains some other extras from other releases

It goes pretty cheap too I'm pretty sure. Might even be worth a double dip, for owners of the US or Arrow one

Edit: Scratch that, doesn't have all 3. But it's probably the best out of the others because it has Document of the dead and Fan of the dead on the 2nd disc, plus the 50 min panel.

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Dawn of the Dead AKA Zombi AKA Zombies (Blu-ray) (1978)

This may help?

Linbro 22nd February 2013 12:38 AM

Nice one, thanks mate.
Those metalpaks sure look nice, shame about the content.