Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Justin101 1st March 2013 01:47 PM

My Big Trouble In Little China blu just arrived - can't wait to get home from work tonight!

trebor8273 1st March 2013 02:47 PM

9 Attachment(s)
picked up these today from, cex, that's entertainment and cash converter. most are blind buys, a lot of Charles band stuff, watching clerks and really enjoying it but is the picture quality supposed to be bad?

Refused 1st March 2013 03:11 PM

Clerks was shot on a meager budget with rubbish equipment, sticking it on blu-ray just makes it even more noticeable.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st March 2013 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the Phantoms / Pieces set.

Two fine films and decent prints as well. I was so pleased with Pieces i didn't bother upgrading when Arrow released theirs a couple of years back. Ditto with Phantoms and the 88 Films release.

Hawkmonger 1st March 2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 324864)
Clerks was shot on a meager budget with rubbish equipment, sticking it on blu-ray just makes it even more noticeable.

Does it matter? It's still ace.:lol:

Metallicbomb 1st March 2013 03:17 PM

Today's Post
Alligator 1/2
The Children
The Innkeepers
Henry Lee Lucas
The Reef
Rogue
Doomwatch
The Mummy's Shroud
Blood From The Mummy's Tomb
Champion
Hana-Bi
Gohatto
:pop2::popcorn::pop2::popcorn:

trebor8273 1st March 2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 324865)
I have the Phantoms / Pieces set.

Two fine films and decent prints as well. I was so pleased with Pieces i didn't bother upgrading when Arrow released theirs a couple of years back. Ditto with Phantoms and the 88 Films release.

Already had the arrow version but those two in picture where 50p each so no big loss I already had pieces. I've work in retail and some of the stuff in clerks is so familiar

Refused 1st March 2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 324866)
Does it matter? It's still ace.:lol:

trebor8273 asked if the picture quality was supposed to be bad.
As you can tell from my avatar on here, I am quite the fan of Clerks.

trebor8273 1st March 2013 03:30 PM

Well just finished clerks and all I can say is amazing and why have I not seen smiths work before now, also have chasing Amy, jay and silent bob strike back and mallrats, do they need to be watch in any sort of order?

Refused 1st March 2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 324871)
Well just finished clerks and all I can say is amazing and why have I not seen smiths work before now, also have chasing Amy, jay and silent bob strike back and mallrats, do they need to be watch in any sort of order?

I'd watch Jay and Silent Bob last, but they can all be enjoyed on their own.