Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Aurora75 11th June 2010 08:39 AM

Just ordered:

Vampiros Lesbos &
Hell Comes to Frogtown

Never seen either.

Phantom 11th June 2010 09:10 AM

Received "The Wolf Man" Blu-ray steelbook from Amazon UK.
Saw it theatrically and had mixed feelings about it. Curious to see the extended unrated cut. Plus I'm a sucker for steelbooks.

Also got "War of the Worlds" (2005) Blu-ray from Amazon USA.
This one I'm also on the fence about. I love the build-up and initial Tripod attack, but it film slams right into a brick wall when Tim Robbins turns up. And the ending produced the loudest groans from an audience I have ever heard when I saw it in theatres.
On the plus side, bluray.com gives both picture & audio 5/5. Can't wait to give my Yamaha amp a thorough workout tonight.

nekromantik 11th June 2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanyang Man (Post 85621)
Picking up where I left off, June will pretty much wrap up like this for me...

April Fool's Day (2008)
Asylum (2007)
Bless the Child
The Broken
The Children*
The Deaths of Ian Stone
Drag Me to Hell (BD)
Flight of the Living Dead
I Know What You Did Last Summer (BD)**
Mirrors
Open Graves
Seventh Moon
Sorority Row (BD)
The Thaw
Trick 'R Treat (BD)
The Woods

...maybe. We'll see how the budget holds out over the next week or so. ;)

* a double-dip for the inclusion of subtitles (can turf the E1 disc when this arrives)
** one I've never seen, and Blu-ray appears to be the only viable way to get a hold of it (the Oz DVD is OOP, and the UK version is non-anamorphic)

yeah I was well annoyed that the UK BD of Children did not have subs. But I got it for £6 so cant complain too much and did not like it enough to spend more on the US disc.

pedromonkey 11th June 2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanyang Man (Post 85621)
Picking up where I left off, June will pretty much wrap up like this for me...

Flight of the Living Dead

Mirrors

Sorority Row (BD)
The Thaw

The Woods

...maybe. We'll see how the budget holds out over the next week or so. ;)

* a double-dip for the inclusion of subtitles (can turf the E1 disc when this arrives)
** one I've never seen, and Blu-ray appears to be the only viable way to get a hold of it (the Oz DVD is OOP, and the UK version is non-anamorphic)

Some good choices there, Flight of the Living Dead is fun as hell, Mirrors was great due to the inclusion of Jack Bauer, Sorority Row was a pretty descent remake with some pretty good tongue in cheek humor and some great gore, The Thaw was alright but it's been done to death so nothing really new there, The Woods is ****ing Brilliant, one of the best ghost/demon films ive seen in ages...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th June 2010 06:04 PM

Postman must have been skiving this week,as all this arrived today.....

CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE
LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN
SATAN'S BABY DOLL
DEATH SHIP X RATED KULT
INN OF THE DAMNED/NIGHT OF FEAR
HARPOON REYKJAVIK MASSACRE
THE GRAVES

Sam 11th June 2010 08:56 PM

Just ordered Mesrine parts 1 & 2. Looking forward to seeing these as missed them at the cinema

phelings 11th June 2010 09:26 PM

Watched Knowing today.
Promising start spoilt by its Close Encounters climax
Good images - not much extras although I rented this so perhaps there is a decent batch of extras to buy

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th June 2010 03:52 PM

Just ordered the xbox game House Of The Dead III and The Zombie Chronicles for ONLY just over £3 INCLUDING P&P! Pretty damn good even if ZC is meant to be terrible.

bdc 12th June 2010 04:10 PM

Feed 2 disc steelbook (R2,Paradiso)
Class Of 1984 (R2,Bridge) Rental Version

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th June 2010 04:12 PM

Very nice iluv and bdc. :thumb: