Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SharonLynette 7th March 2013 12:34 PM

I haven't bought much recently! :woot: I have instead spent around £120 on various make-up (£30 of that was using Boots points though), mainly nail varnish. But I have ordered series 1-5 of The Twilight Zone on blu-ray, still waiting for them though. I also bought The Munsters series 2 and I can't remember if I mentioned that. :caked:

oh and I forgot to say the make-up, oh and some items of clothing can be considered birthday treats to myself.

Daemonia 7th March 2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 326126)
I've been thinking the same for a while. Many of Sony's UK catalogue titles have gone out of print and are beginning to command fairly high prices on Amazon and eBay. Doesn't fill you with a lot of hope for the future when the originator of the format all but packs up releasing older titles, does it?

Well, that's always my argument. Sony pushed hard for Blu-ray to be the dominant format over HD DVD then, having won that fight, they all but abandon the format save for mega-blockbusters. It's nuts.

tele1962 7th March 2013 12:40 PM

A few from Amazon today:

http://i48.tinypic.com/1s076x.jpg

Susan Foreman 7th March 2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 326190)
I have instead spent around £120 on various make-up (£30 of that was using Boots points though), mainly nail varnish.

SOOOOOOOOO envious!!!

I am working about 18 hours a day, so I don't have the time to glam myself up at the moment

Then, to add insult to injury, pretty much all my nails have been broken due to changing barrels and kegs, and any polish I put on them is instantly chipped off

I don't see myself as particularly alluring at the moment :(

Prince_Vajda 7th March 2013 01:06 PM

Finally... my favourite movie on Blu-ray...Bertolucci's The Dreamers arrived today! :faint: :love: :happy:

http://images4.static-bluray.com/mov...4273_large.jpg

Greetings!

SharonLynette 7th March 2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 326205)
SOOOOOOOOO envious!!!

I am working about 18 hours a day, so I don't have the time to glam myself up at the moment

Then, to add insult to injury, pretty much all my nails have been broken due to changing barrels and kegs, and any polish I put on them is instantly chipped off

I don't see myself as particularly alluring at the moment :(

I'm sure you look great really! I have the habit of buying more than I wear. I didn't bother putting any on when I went to the hospital yesterday. I always make myself up best when I have nowhere to go!

My nails have grown really long as I've been stuck in but I did rip my thumb nail down quite far trying to put my boots on in the House of Fraser, that really bled, it's taken a month to grow back. I like the look of short nails rather than long ones, mine are odd lengths, I tread growing them as a competition but I usually break them.

Nails Inc, Illamasqua, MAC (Archie's girls collection), Benefit have all cost me a fair bit. It's worth it though :blush:

ahem, I will go back to topic. Twilight Zone Blu-rays have finally been shipped!!!

platostotal 7th March 2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 326192)
Well, that's always my argument. Sony pushed hard for Blu-ray to be the dominant format over HD DVD then, having won that fight, they all but abandon the format save for mega-blockbusters. It's nuts.

Kinda "Doesn't matter that we won, just so long as the other guy loses" isn't it ?

antmumford 7th March 2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 326190)
I haven't bought much recently! :woot: I have instead spent around £120 on various make-up (£30 of that was using Boots points though), mainly nail varnish. But I have ordered series 1-5 of The Twilight Zone on blu-ray, still waiting for them though. I also bought The Munsters series 2 and I can't remember if I mentioned that. :caked:

oh and I forgot to say the make-up, oh and some items of clothing can be considered birthday treats to myself.

My partner Kelly is selling a Shite tonne of make up on her blog sale so check it out, you may find a bargain. Same for anyone else interested

www.jellyminxsellson.blogspot.com

sawyer6 7th March 2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 326226)
My partner Kelly is selling a Shite tonne of make up on her blog sale so check it out, you may find a bargain. Same for anyone else interested

Jellyminx's Sale Blog

I might be interested,people often call me a clown

monkeypedro 7th March 2013 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I popped into the local Blockbusters as it is closing down and they had big reductions and purchased a few more movies to add to my collection.