Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

fuzzymctiger 19th March 2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 328866)
Haha, I watched it with my older, teenage sister when it first came out...she was watching for Leo of course. Like you said, I think people should go back and give it another chance. It's not perfect but it is highly enjoyable. That damn Cardigans song is now stuck in my head.:tongue1:

My current girlfriend loves Leonardo DiCaprio, for his looks, where as I love him as an actor, so that makes things very easy. :)

But I really enjoyed Romeo + Juliet, especially the fresh new take on everything especially Merctuio in drag and The opening fight.

tele1962 19th March 2013 08:07 AM

Just ordered this one from Amazon, To Kill A Mocking Bird Blu Ray Digi Book for £8 :eek::

To Kill a Mockingbird Limited Edition Digibook Blu-ray 1962: Amazon.co.uk: Gregory Peck, Mary Badham, Phillip Alford, Robert Duvall, Robert Mulligan: Film & TV

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/To-Kil.../34352/#Review

trebor8273 19th March 2013 08:27 AM

That's went up £2 since I bought it just before Christmas, also got the all quite on the western front for same price

SilverGunnar Hansen 19th March 2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 328772)
I quite enjoyed The Tall Man. As long as you don't expect something as visceral, gut-punching or outright impressive as Martyrs, then there's no reason when you shouldn't enjoy it on its own merits. Like Martyrs, it's a film with ideas - at first glance a conventional American thriller, but one with an unconventional European sensibility, courtesy of Pascal Laugier. It takes a few brave and unexpected turns, and I personally found that refreshing.

I found it a far more interesting film than the rather lackluster Livide, from the A'l'interieur boys. Boy, was that a let down.

I hear you but The Tall Man really didn't work for me. I just didn't think it was very well done (some of it looked really cheap), and the ideas in the second half seemed very naive and ridiculous - Gone Baby Gone dealt with some of the same stuff in a much more balanced, provocative and even scary way. Laugier pulled off a couple of excellent shots - the really one with Biel facing the camera on her way out the house was excellent - but alot of it was too silly and the twist-y structure felt cheap.

SilverGunnar Hansen 19th March 2013 11:13 AM

Always wanted to see Ballad Of Narayama, and the fictionalised film about it too!

darthelvis 19th March 2013 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought this on way to work. Sadly no blu of this release as too short and no extras but only £5.

Metallicbomb 19th March 2013 12:35 PM

ANOTHER MASSIVE PILE (VERY MIXED FEELINGS):woot::doh::mmph::shocked::)
All Blu-Ray unless stated (As you will see below im trying to expand my steelbook collection as ive only got about 60 DVD & Blu-Ray together.)
District 9
Sin City
The Incredible Melting Man (Vipco DVD)
The Garden Of The Finzi Contini (Arrow Academy DVD)
Puppet Master
Puppet Master II
Puppet Master III
Southern Comfort
From Beyond
Subspecies
Subspecies II
Basket Case Trilogy (Steelbook)
The Return Of The Living Dead (Steelbook)
Witchfinder General
The Evil Dead (Steelbook)
An American Werewolf (Steelbook)
The Thing (Steelbook)
:pop2::popcorn::pop2::popcorn:

trebor8273 19th March 2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 328911)
ANOTHER MASSIVE PILE (VERY MIXED FEELINGS):woot::doh::mmph::shocked::)
All Blu-Ray unless stated (As you will see below im trying to expand my steelbook collection as ive only got about 60 DVD & Blu-Ray together.)
District 9
Sin City
The Incredible Melting Man (Vipco DVD)
The Garden Of The Finzi Contini (Arrow Academy DVD)
Puppet Master
Puppet Master II
Puppet Master III
Southern Comfort
From Beyond
Subspecies
Subspecies II
Basket Case Trilogy (Steelbook)
The Return Of The Living Dead (Steelbook)
Witchfinder General
The Evil Dead (Steelbook)
An American Werewolf (Steelbook)
The Thing (Steelbook)
:pop2::popcorn::pop2::popcorn:

Holy crap how much money did you save up,Your going to need another home just to store your movies!!!

Edit has anyone gotten Dracula yet from sainsburys?

Justin101 19th March 2013 02:57 PM

I decided I really wanted to watch Gremlins 2 so had a look on amazon and bought one for a penny (plus postage) :D

demonknight 19th March 2013 03:04 PM

The Collector, Elvis and Dracula Bluray/Dvd
combo bluray's all arrived today
Happy out ;)