Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SharonLynette 20th March 2013 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few more arrivals.

It may appear that rather than saving any money at the moment I am continuing to spend, this is true. In three months time I will be completely out of debt, I plan to save the money that would have gone to pay this off, except for £34. Of course this only counts if I'm back at work. Saying that I've certainly not been buying as much as usual.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th March 2013 06:26 PM

Man of Violence is really good. :nod:

(Private Road is pretty decent too!)

Refused 20th March 2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 329304)
A few more arrivals.

It may appear that rather than saving any money at the moment I am continuing to spend, this is true. In three months time I will be completely out of debt, I plan to save the money that would have gone to pay this off, except for £34. Of course this only counts if I'm back at work. Saying that I've certainly not been buying as much as usual.

No need to justify your spending when Metallicbomb is around. :tongue1:

J Harker 20th March 2013 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 329181)
:pound: I Know, but seriously the poor chap pulled the van outside my house, and seeing him come down the path with boxes/giffi bags up to his chin, it gave me shivers to think about my savings balance after all these.

Bet it's one hell of a chin too! Is this your postman by any chance?
Attachment 103997

bdc 20th March 2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 329305)

It is! :nod:

SharonLynette 20th March 2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 329305)

(Private Road is pretty decent too!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 329315)
It is! :nod:

Looking forward to seeing both!

and from the Adelphi Collection I forgot to mention The Crowded Day is amazing, I'm sure it isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's a really great film.

bdc 20th March 2013 06:46 PM

Just arrived...last double dip for now...I really like this film and my dvd was all scratched when I got it from a French collector so I needed another one. ;)
It's a rarer mainland China release (with English subs),btw there only exists one dvd release of this one.

Return of the Demon (1987) (Zoke Culture)

http://dv1.us/p1/737/177737-d0.jpg

Delirium 20th March 2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 329304)
A few more arrivals.

Sharon, have you picked up Deep End or Duffer yet? (I don't keep up with this thread, so sorry if you've mentioned them.) Deep End from Jerzy Skolimowski is an essential addition to your Flipside collection!

I also have quite the soft spot for Duffer - it's a curious, underground British film about a relationship between two men in which one is domineering and abusive. It's quite surreal and a real curiosity, not unlike Eraserhead with its odd visuals and bleak black and white imagery. It was filmed in Notting Hill Gate if I recall. I first heard about it years ago from Steven Thrower, who remembered it being on late night TV many, many years ago. I was thrilled to bits when BFI released it, and on Blu Ray of all things, as it'd only been a myth until that point and completely unobtainable.

SharonLynette 20th March 2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 329322)
Sharon, have you picked up Deep End or Duffer yet? (I don't keep up with this thread, so sorry if you've mentioned them.) Deep End from Jerzy Skolimowski is an essential addition to your Flipside collection!

I also have quite the soft spot for Duffer - it's a curious, underground British film about a relationship between two men in which one is domineering and abusive. It's quite surreal and a real curiosity, not unlike Eraserhead with its odd visuals and bleak black and white imagery. It was filmed in Notting Hill Gate if I recall. I first heard about it years ago from Steven Thrower, who remembered it being on late night TV many, many years ago. I was thrilled to bits when BFI released it, and on Blu Ray of all things, as it'd only been a myth until that point and completely unobtainable.

Not yet, both are on my list but I haven't seen them quite cheap enough, although I think Duffer would be my next buy as that isn't too bad but Deep End is always quite expensive when I've looked - at the same time I feel like it will never go that cheap and I might just miss out on it!

Metallicbomb 20th March 2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 329314)
Bet it's one hell of a chin too! Is this your postman by any chance?
Attachment 103997

:pound: Sorry to disappoint you but my postman is some skinny young guy but with my orders I'm sure I will have him looking like that by the end of the month:lol:.