Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 21st March 2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverGunnar Hansen (Post 329430)
Can anyone tell me if the UK Blu Ray release of Texas Chainsaw Massacre is much of an improvement on the DVD? It's my fave film but not sure I can imagine it being much better on Blu, been proven wrong before but just wondering whether it's worth a double dip . . .

It's a great example of how a low-budget 16mm horror can look excellent on the bluray format. If you're a big fan of the film it's an essential purchase as far as I'm concerned.

Rik 21st March 2013 11:30 AM

I agree with Paul, the UK TCM blu ray was the first blu ray I bought once I'd got a player. It looks fantastic and is packed with extras

Delirium 21st March 2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 329431)
What's that mean:confused:.

Do I really have to spell it out? You've heard the phrase First World Problems right? It means if you expect a shred of sympathy regarding your complaint about really needing to buy a car, while every couple of days posting a list of blu rays/dvds that the average person could possibly dream to afford in a matter of months, then you are seriously mistaken.

You're lucky and clearly have a lot of expendable income with no outgoings, and I say good for you while you can afford it! But please quit the 'poor me and my bills' BS as that doesn't wash and I'll call you on it. Bear in mind there's a variety of members here, some of whom are unemployed, and - perhaps it's just me - I think a little restraint would be a good thing.

There you go. I've derailed the thread enough, so apologies all. Carry on!

SharonLynette 21st March 2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 329354)
Yeah, they can be quite expensive. I only have a few of the flipside titles, but they're essentials IMO. If you have a FOPP, I'm sure Deep End was 9 or 10 (or thereabouts) last time I was in there (which, granted, was quite a while ago).

I wish I had a FOPP, I really do, there isn't a shop in town for DVDs apart from a shelf in WHSmiths and a shelf in Morrisons, they used to have a bargain bin too which has now been removed after the frigging revamp. I think my nearest FOPP is Manchester which is about a tenner return on the train. I'd love to have somewhere fairly cheap to browse buy, I'd keep them in business. :(

Hawkmonger 21st March 2013 12:23 PM

Luckily i've prity much pre-ordered everything I want and am skimming down on my purchases. Sure someone, somewhere will announce a whole natch of shit I want soon though.:pound:

Metallicbomb 21st March 2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 329440)
Do I really have to spell it out? You've heard the phrase First World Problems right? It means if you expect a shred of sympathy regarding your complaint about really needing to buy a car, while every couple of days posting a list of blu rays/dvds that the average person could possibly dream to afford in a matter of months, then you are seriously mistaken.

You're lucky and clearly have a lot of expendable income with no outgoings, and I say good for you while you can afford it! But please quit the 'poor me and my bills' BS as that doesn't wash and I'll call you on it. Bear in mind there's a variety of members here, some of whom are unemployed, and - perhaps it's just me - I think a little restraint would be a good thing.

There you go. I've derailed the thread enough, so apologies all. Carry on!

You have completely misunderstood because i have never asked for sympathy off of you nor anyone else on here and i know im privileged to not have to worry about bills Etc but thats not for you to tell me.

Delirium 21st March 2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 329447)
You have completely misunderstood because i have never asked for sympathy off of you nor anyone else on here and i know im privileged to not have to worry about bills Etc but thats not for you to tell me.

Indeed, so gloat away. Post your lists, but cut the cheese, ok?

I enjoy seeing what people have picked up for themselves, as it shows their interests, especially when they're fascinated by a label or genre (like those collecting BFIs) or specific titles or collections. I personally find your lists a bit numbing, as it's not particularly showing much enthusiasm or appreciation, other than an obsessive need to bulk buy everything and laughing it off as OCD.

But each to their own. Said my piece, so carry on.

Metallicbomb 21st March 2013 12:52 PM

Today's Post
Manhunter (Blu)
Hannibal Set (Blu)
Hannibal Rising (Blu)
Quentin Tarantino Set (Blu)
Spy Kids Trilogy (Blu)
The Castle Of The Walking Dead
The Executioners
Top Secret
Baseketball
Ruthless People
The Message (Blu)
The Lion Of The Desert (Blu)
The Ricky Gervais: Season 1
The Ricky Gervais: Season 2
Tintin Box Set (Blu)
The Octagon (Blu)

Edgeworth 21st March 2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 329246)
Ta for that Edgeworth, i'll be getting that myself. :nod:

30 eBay, sold by Zavvi is cheapest I could find.

Hawkmonger 21st March 2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 329492)
30 eBay, sold by Zavvi is cheapest I could find.

Yeah, noticed. :lol:
I'll keep and eye out.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.