Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Refused 21st March 2013 07:08 PM

Got my copy of Deadly Blessing from Arrow today, not bad for a tenner.
Never seen it before - I'm expecting average things.

Susan Foreman 21st March 2013 07:28 PM

Charity shop:

Paul Blart: Mall Cop - Chloe's son is always going on about it, so I got it for him really - £1:00
The Long Good Friday - Anchor Bay Special Edition - £2:00
Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights: The Complete First and Second Series - 2xDVD and 1xAudio CD - £2:50

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st March 2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 329594)
Charity shop:

Paul Blart: Mall Cop - Chloe's son is always going on about it, so I got it for him really - £1:00

Its surprisingly watchable. :nod:

Hawkmonger 21st March 2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 329596)
Its surprisingly watchable. :nod:

It's a prity good Die Hard parody, that being said I didn't take to it to kindly. Prity middle of the road IMHO.

J Harker 21st March 2013 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Right then troops, couple of contracts coughed up today so I caved and ordered this Attachment 104130.
It's a blind buy but it's the cheapest I've seen it lately and I've been eyeing it up for a while. What's the verdict?

Hawkmonger 21st March 2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 329585)
Got my copy of Deadly Blessing from Arrow today, not bad for a tenner.
Never seen it before - I'm expecting average things.

It's a surprisingly upper tier supernatural/ psuedo-slasher from Craven, very pre-Nightmare on Elm Street. You might just be pleasently surprised.

Hawkmonger 21st March 2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 329616)
Right then troops, couple of contracts coughed up today so I caved and ordered this Attachment 104130.
It's a blind buy but it's the cheapest I've seen it lately and I've been eyeing it up for a while. What's the verdict?

In a word. Awsome.:nod:

Justin101 21st March 2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 329594)
Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights: The Complete First and Second Series - 2xDVD and 1xAudio CD - £2:50

Come and get your black bin bags
They're on offer till December
Come and get your black bin bags
They're long and black and slender

:lol: I love Phoenix Nights haha

PaulD 21st March 2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 329598)
It's a prity good Die Hard parody, that being said I didn't take to it to kindly. Prity middle of the road IMHO.

Kevin James is a total comedy vacuum as far as I'm concerned.

keirarts 21st March 2013 10:02 PM

Glengarry Glen ross.

God I love this movie, a brilliant script being performed by some of the best actors hollywood had at that time, hell, watching alec baldwin take a scene and steal it entirely from actors of the caliber of Jack lemmon and ed harris is worth it enough. The film sparkles on blu ray and makes you appreciate what a good looking film it actually is, the colour and set design has NEVER looked as good as one the blu-ray release. As someone who has worked sales/retail over the years this is a firm favourite of mine, if anyone here hasnt seen it yet its a must buy disc.