Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 21st June 2010 07:51 AM

I recently watched the first MIA on Dutch dvd (DFW) and it looked fine.
But there seems to be some footage missing at "the party" in the hotel when Chuck gets in a brawl with the Vietnamese big chief?
I don't know if other dvd's or prints have that footage since I'm no expert on the film...

It was fun watching it again after all those years though. :nod:

wayfarer 21st June 2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 87848)
Haha I thought you were being funny and asking how I found it if it was MIA!

It looks like MIA III is in widesceen,along with the other 2 films, which was reason enough for me to take the plunge.

i wasn't that clever;) Thanks for the info. Looks a good package and reasonably priced too.

re.form 21st June 2010 07:23 PM

The Stuff
Prison (1987)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 22nd June 2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 87993)
The Stuff
Prison (1987)

Prison is a great film - incredibly under-rated too!

Gold6082 22nd June 2010 12:08 PM

I have just finished collecting the Mondo Macabro catalogue.

I Am currently collecting mya,awe and eyecatcher titles

Finally tracked down shameless bronx warriors trilogy today in Hmv first time they had it in,even then I found it by luck in the feature films section.I found that odd as shameless and arrow releases are always in horror or world cinema sections.

Picked up zombie death house for 7 quid too.

Found few OOP discs in HD2 Brighton.

Recent online purchases include

Suspiria bu 2 disc edition

Blind date,4 flies on grey velvet,craving desire from mya

Neon maniacs,blood stained butterfly,nightmare beach and scalps from eyecatcher.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd June 2010 12:17 PM

Be careful with MYA, a lot of their releases are allegedly from TV broadcasts or are ripped directly from VHS sources. I have a few of their titles and they are a mixed bag. The safest ones to go for are the NoShame re-release titles, as you can be pretty sure that they've just cannibalised the old DVD prints (which were decent anyway). Satan's Wife and Lucifera: Demonlover are supposed to be particularly bad. I have Evil Face, and the print is okay, but the sound is very bad throughout. Four Flies is pretty decent but is likely to have been ripped from an Italian TV source.

Also if your after AWE's I have some links on my home PC to some sites that are selling them at pretty reasonable prices, I'll try and PM them to you tonight when I get home if you're interested - I'll try to remember! ;)

Nice pick-ups btw. :cool:

Gold6082 22nd June 2010 03:30 PM

Satans wife is of such diabolical quality I couldn't watch it it was like analogue tv using a coathanger waste of dough

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd June 2010 04:50 PM

Bought THE ROOKIE and THE GREEN BERETS on Sunday.

Anyone else enjoy The Rookie?

Not one of Eastwood's classics,but an enjoyable daft,no-brainer,nonetheless!

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd June 2010 05:32 PM

Yep,I liked The Rookie. Raul Julia hams it up nicely as the villain.

Philleh 22nd June 2010 05:34 PM

Picked up Coffin Joe's Embodiement of Evil for £4.99 on Amazon the other day :thumb: