Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 29th March 2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 331442)
I've bookmarked the shop for future use, I'll be buying as usual after the house move!

I've never used them before, but I've used Movie Tyme a few times (you need a separate account for each) and never had any trouble from them, so I'm assuming the same guys run both stores after all it was Movie Tymes FB page that posted the links to the two BD's I bought.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th March 2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 331431)
Had an email from Movie Tyme Cult saying my order was cancelled and refunds issued, which they have been, no idea why so I ordered the two Redemption BD's again and they've shipped them already! :woot:

That's very weird, but at least you got those BDs for the price you wanted and they didn't cancel because of a pricing error.

Delirium 29th March 2013 02:25 PM

So I was watching the extras on Arrow's Forbidden Zone blu, and the interview with Matthew Bright, who's in the film, came on. I thought to myself - I really want to see Freeway again. Last time I saw it was on video.

Well I found it in a record store for a squid. I gather the DVD is a bit crappy, being non anamorphic, cropped, with a couple of trims (although these don't seem major from what I've read). I also gather the US one is snipped to an R-Rated cut, although the German one is uncut but 4:3.

Anyone know if there's an uncut, anamorphic release of this anywhere? I'm happy with my cheapy copy to watch again, but if I really like it, I know I'll want a better version!

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th March 2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 331468)
So I was watching the extras on Arrow's Forbidden Zone blu, and the interview with Matthew Bright, who's in the film, came on. I thought to myself - I really want to see Freeway again. Last time I saw it was on video.

Well I found it in a record store for a squid. I gather the DVD is a bit crappy, being non anamorphic, cropped, with a couple of trims (although these don't seem major from what I've read). I also gather the US one is snipped to an R-Rated cut, although the German one is uncut but 4:3.

Anyone know if there's an uncut, anamorphic release of this anywhere? I'm happy with my cheapy copy to watch again, but if I really like it, I know I'll want a better version!

Freeway was passed uncut by the BBFC a few years ago, still only fullframe though. Looks like the Australian disc is anamorphic widescreen and uncut.

PaulD 29th March 2013 02:41 PM

I love that film. Really must pick up the Australian release then at some point.

Edgeworth 29th March 2013 04:24 PM

Scanners, Subspecies 3, Bakumatsu Taiyo-den, Baron Blood, Black Sabbath and Knightriders on pre-order now.

Knightriders already paid for months ago which is good. Scanners 2 & 3 can wait, I don't remember them being great anyway.

Frankenhooker 29th March 2013 06:30 PM

I've had a pretty decent couple of days.

Pedro Almodovar Boxset (Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down, Talk To Her, All About My Mother, Bad Education, Live Flesh)

Guillermo Del Toro Collection (Pan's Labyrinth, The Devil's Backbone, Cronos)

Martin - The Arrow DVD

Santa Sangre Bluray

Scanners 1-3 Boxset

Deadly Blessing - Arrow DVD, I've never seen this.

Salem's Lot - I bought the DVD after reading the comments on here, used to love it and can't explain why I don't own it.

The Double Life Of Veronique - Great film from a great director.

J Harker 29th March 2013 07:46 PM

Picked up Who Framed Roger Rabbit on blu in Sainsburgers tonight.

keirarts 29th March 2013 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 105133

Seems to have started appearing on marketplace.

the blob 29th March 2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 331622)
Attachment 105133

Seems to have started appearing on marketplace.

I nearly bought it a couple of days ago at aroun £3.50 then it sold out! It reappeared today at just over £5 but gone again. Seems Moviemars are the only ones selling it at the moment. No doubt when the others finally catch up it'll be around £3 again which is just stupidly cheap really.