Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 2nd April 2013 11:34 AM

It's listed on Sainsburies still. I would order one myself but it's listed as having no extras whatsoever. If anyone can confirm this?

trebor8273 2nd April 2013 11:38 AM

Happy birthday jinx:clap:

fuzzymctiger 2nd April 2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 332247)
It's listed on Sainsburies still. I would order one myself but it's listed as having no extras whatsoever. If anyone can confirm this?

Not interested if it has no extras then. Can anyone confirm?

Rik 2nd April 2013 11:51 AM

I've just popped the DVD copy into my PC to check and there's bugger all extras wise on there, it's actually the same DVD as in my MGM 2 Disc set. I'll check the BD out in a bit. There's nothing listed on the card slip so it looks like it's bare bones, wish I'd known before I ordered it because according to Amazon it has the following extras:

On disc one, the film itself looks clinically sharp in a faultless widescreen (1.85:1) anamorphic transfer, while the Dolby 5.1 soundtrack makes the most of the chilling sound effects and Howard Shore's masterfully understated score. Unlike the Region 1 Criterion Collection, however, there is no audio commentary at all. On the second disc, the all-new hour-long "making-of" documentary features contributions from the screenwriter, producer, composer, costume designer, make-up effects people and even the moth wrangler ("There were no moths harmed in the filming!") as well as Ted Levine (Buffalo Bill) and Anthony Hopkins, who talks at length about creating Lecter. Conspicuous by their absence are Jonathan Demme and Jodie Foster. Aside from the usual trailers and stills gallery there are 21 deleted scenes, many of which are not whole scenes but deleted excerpts, a promotional featurette made in 1991 and an outtakes reel that proves the cast really did have fun making this scary picture. For those who want to scare all their friends, there's also an answerphone message from Anthony Hopkins "in character".

PaulD 2nd April 2013 11:53 AM

I wonder if its a new transfer? Can't imagine so but the previous bluray release was a bit waxy and DNRy I thought.

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd April 2013 11:58 AM

Fox are shitty when it comes to these steelbooks. Did the same with Braveheart. The BD was disc 1 of the 2-disc standard BD release (with a couple of extras), and the dvd. Pissed me right off when I opened it and saw this.

Rik 2nd April 2013 12:05 PM

The BD has all the extras from the previous release from what I can tell, I haven't seen the other version so I can't compare transfers, I'll update this when I've finished watching it.

J Harker 2nd April 2013 12:18 PM

Sorry Rik I'm confused (and possibly thick) Are you saying the steelbook blu has all the same extras as the previous blu ray?

fuzzymctiger 2nd April 2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 332253)
The BD has all the extras from the previous release from what I can tell, I haven't seen the other version so I can't compare transfers, I'll update this when I've finished watching it.

I doubt they'd do a new transfer, or you would have heard about it.

Most of these steelbooks are just the old discs whacked into a new case.

Rik 2nd April 2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 332254)
Sorry Rik I'm confused (and possibly thick) Are you saying the steelbook blu has all the same extras as the previous blu ray?

Yeah, after a quick check on DVD compare, they are the same. BTW, the transfer looks fine to me.