Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

ArgentoFan1987 2nd April 2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 332359)
That reminds that I need to rebuy Identity seeing as I lent it to a mate years ago and never got it back because he lent it someone else, which is why I no longer lend stuff out :mmph:

Yep, I've learned that many a time. I not longer lend stuff out also, the exception being my brother.

Rik 2nd April 2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 332370)
Yep, I've learned that many a time. I not longer lend stuff out also, the exception being my brother.

I wont even lend stuff to my older sister, even though she quite happily lends me hers and her boyfriends DVD's ;)

Jinx_Barkman 2nd April 2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 332357)
Thanks a lot! I'm glad to hear that! I'm a massive Blaxploitation fan. I put off getting this one for a while as I though it was going to be a "Mickey mouse" one. I'm glad you rate it highly and I'll watch it ASAP!

What are your other two favourites?

It really is hard to choose but it would have to be Black Caesar and either Coffy or Superfly.

J Harker 2nd April 2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 332359)
That reminds that I need to rebuy Identity seeing as I lent it to a mate years ago and never got it back because he lent it someone else, which is why I no longer lend stuff out :mmph:

I used to love it when you'd lend someone something and they'd take the liberty of lending to someone else and assume that was fine.
The number of times my sister-in-law would borrow something and when I'd ask for it back you'd find her boyfriend's brothers cousins nephews aunties dogs grandad would have it at the moment sorry.

Rik 2nd April 2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 332395)
I used to love it when you'd lend someone something and they'd take the liberty of lending to someone else and assume that was fine.
The number of times my sister-in-law would borrow something and when I'd ask for it back you'd find her boyfriend's brothers cousins nephews aunties dogs grandad would have it at the moment sorry.

Exactly, I've no idea who has my Identity DVD, easier to spend £1 in CEX for another copy

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd April 2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 332304)
How come? :confused:

From the episode Bart Sells His Soul:

Simpsons (the) - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Iron Butterfly cover) - YouTube

Rik 2nd April 2013 06:37 PM

Ah yeah, I remember that now, cheers Nos

ArgentoFan1987 2nd April 2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 332375)
It really is hard to choose but it would have to be Black Caesar and either Coffy or Superfly.

I also love Black Caesar and Superfly. I think I have Cofey, but haven't seen it. I remember my mum telling me Huggie Bear was in it though :D

nekromantik 2nd April 2013 08:22 PM

I still need to get the Monsters blu ray boxset!

Jinx_Barkman 2nd April 2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 332443)
I also love Black Caesar and Superfly. I think I have Cofey, but haven't seen it. I remember my mum telling me Huggie Bear was in it though :D

:shocked::jest:You need to correct that asap! Wonderful film.