Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

monkeypedro 11th April 2013 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just had my package from Dark Delacies in the US delivered of signed Blu-rays of The Collection and John Dies at the End and had no customs charge to pay.

monkeypedro 11th April 2013 10:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A selection of some of the movies i have purchased in the last few weeks.
Die hard Quadrilogy Blu-ray is only £10 at Sainsburys instore at the moment (£22 online).

Linbro 11th April 2013 11:33 AM

Anyone have an opinion on what is the better version of Argento's 'Opera/Terror at the Opera' - Blue Underground or Arrow? Or any others worth considering?
Thanks, Lincoln.

Justin101 11th April 2013 11:37 AM

I just ordered the David Lynch Blu-ray box set from CEX for £12, thanks to the tip from Stephen - I know that the set came under fire but for £12 - cheaper than Blue Velvet alone in HMV it's worth getting! Now I have a copy of Dune I need to get rid of :lol:

Frankenhooker 11th April 2013 01:07 PM

I popped out for lunch and ended up spending £30-odd on DVDs, and I still forgot to buy a sandwich.

Les Diaboliques (Arrow Classics).
Persona
Faster Pussycat...Kill! Kill! (they had a bunch of Russ Meyer films in Head for £5, so I may pop in again after work)
The Devils (an ex-girlfriend has my old copy, rather than have to talk to her, I just bought it again).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th April 2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 334907)
)
The Devils (an ex-girlfriend has my old copy, rather than have to talk to her, I just bought it again).

A very wise decision. She might have sold it anyway!

Bringer Of Funerals 11th April 2013 01:26 PM

I'll give the Die Hard set a go at £10

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th April 2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 334809)
I won 247º Fahrenheit on here a few weeks ago, so obviously i don't yet own a copy. :rolleyes:

:D

Well waddya know?

It turned up today. :woot:

Rik 11th April 2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 334922)
Well waddya know?

It turned up today. :woot:

Make sure you post a quick review of it so I know whether to open mine tomorrow when it comes or leave it sealed, adding value for the eBay crowd :lol:

Delirium 11th April 2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 334888)
Anyone have an opinion on what is the better version of Argento's 'Opera/Terror at the Opera' - Blue Underground or Arrow? Or any others worth considering?
Thanks, Lincoln.

Not a lot of difference picture wise - DVD Beaver says contrast is slightly better on the US release. Blue Underground is reissue of single disc Anchor Bay, so also has the documentary which Arrow doesn't. Limited 2 disc OOP Anchor Bay has the soundtrack as well. But if you're willing to forfeit the extras for the best audio - then Arrow is the one to go for, as that has the two English dubs (Cannes 2.0 & Redub 5.1) and the Italian Dub (2.0) with optional English subs.

So if you're not fussed about audio but like extras, go US. If you want the best of both worlds extras and movie wise, pick up both. If you really only care about the best current presentation of the movie, I'd say Arrow due to its minor picture differences, but significantly improved audio options.