Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SharonLynette 19th April 2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 336678)
I watched one of those 16 cinema shorts recently not sure which one but there a few various type.. I honestly thought it was a load of let's put it politely pants.

I have the British one and it was a great collection, This world one has The Old Lady and The Pigeons on which to me is worth it in itself, I plan on getting them all but I know on the British ones the shorts were varying in entertainment value, I think there were a couple I found dull but it was worth it for the rest.

PaulD 19th April 2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 336679)
I have the British one and it was a great collection, This world one has The Old Lady and The Pigeons on which to me is worth it in itself, I plan on getting them all but I know on the British ones the shorts were varying in entertainment value, I think there were a couple I found dull but it was worth it for the rest.

Does that have the one about a young girl walking past a canal where she throws a bag into it at the end (won't say more for fear of spoilers?)

Metallicbomb 19th April 2013 04:41 PM

Over the last week or so i have bought
Subspecies III (88 FILMS BLU-RAY)
Subspecies III (88 FILMS BLU-RAY)
Zombies Vs Strippers (88 FILMS DVD)
Dead End Drive In (ARROW DROME DVD)
Scooby-Doo: On Zombie Island (DVD)
Scooby Doo: Cyber Chase (DVD)
Scooby Doo: & The Witches Ghost (DVD)
Scooby Doo: & The Alien Invaders (DVD)
The Expendables (BLU-RAY)
The Expendables II (BLU-RAY)
Death Race (BLU-RAY)
Death Race 2 (BLU-RAY)
Death Race 3 (BLU-RAY)
The Condemned (BLU-RAY)
See No Evil (BLU-RAY)
The Chaperone (BLU-RAY)
Legendary (BLU-RAY)
Knucklehead (BLU-RAY)
The Firm (BLU-RAY)
The Football Factory (BLU-RAY)
The Business (BLU-RAY)
Outlaw (BLU-RAY)
Blitz (BLU-RAY)
Killer Elite (BLU-RAY)
Safe (BLU-RAY)
Rosemary's Baby (GERMAN BLU-RAY)
Crawlspace (GERMAN BLU-RAY)
Chillerama (GERMAN BLU-RAY)
Chillerama (US BLU-RAY)
Exit Speed (US BLU-RAY)
Shutter Island (BLU-RAY)
:typing::typing::typing::typing::typing::typing:
:popcorn::pop2::popcorn::pop2::popcorn:

SharonLynette 19th April 2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 336680)
Does that have the one about a young girl walking past a canal where she throws a bag into it at the end (won't say more for fear of spoilers?)

Not the one I've just got, the British one does, that one is fantastic! It's called About a Girl.

PaulD 19th April 2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 336682)
Not the one I've just got, the British one does, that one is fantastic! It's called About a Girl.

That's the one! Couldn't remember the title but will see if it's online now. It is, as you say, fantastic. Really grim but excellently done and a perfect use of the short film format. I must get my hands on these dvds at some point (we watched them at uni once)

There's another good one about a lonely guy who doesn't know what to do with himself after leaving work I think. He tries to befriend a Christian woman who comes knocking at his door.

keirarts 19th April 2013 05:10 PM

Ordered a region 1 artisan release of KILLING ZOE. No idea if the disc is any good but Zovestocks had it dirt cheap and i've not seen the film in a long while...

Got a phone call this afternoon, chap said he was very impressed with my CV.


If all goes well I might end up working in a sex shop! :shocked:

Hawkmonger 19th April 2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 336682)
Not the one I've just got, the British one does, that one is fantastic! It's called About a Girl.

Reccomended then?

SharonLynette 19th April 2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 336684)
That's the one! Couldn't remember the title but will see if it's online now. It is, as you say, fantastic. Really grim but excellently done and a perfect use of the short film format. I must get my hands on these dvds at some point (we watched them at uni once)

There's another good one about a lonely guy who doesn't know what to do with himself after leaving work I think. He tries to befriend a Christian woman who comes knocking at his door.

I can't remember that one but I'll work it out. My memory has gone blank in the last ten minutes I couldn't remember what a box was called!

SharonLynette 19th April 2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 336695)
Reccomended then?

Yes, I do find some short film sets a bit, well, dull but the British set is really interesting, the World set is worth it to me for The Old Lady and the Pigeons - I would recommend that to everyone you should be able to find it on youtube if you want to get an idea, it is by Sylvain Chomet.

Copied from Amazon the World shorts (the new one) contains:

'Wasp' - Andrea Arnold;
'Judgement' - Park Chan-Wook;
'Sikumi (On the Ice)' - Andrew Okpeaha Maclean;
'Dona Lupe' - Guillermo del Toro;
'Old Lady and the Pigeons (La Vielle Dame et Les Pigeons) - Sylvain Chomet; 'Attack on the Bakery' - Naoto Yamakawa;
'Two Cars, One Night' - Taiki Waititi;
'Sonata for Hitler' - Alexander Sokurov;
'My Dad is 100 Years Old' - Guy Maddin;
'Forklift Truck Driver Klaus - First Day on the Job (Stablefahrer Klaus - Der Erste Arbeitstag) - Stefan Pehn & Jorg Wagner;
'Uncle' - Adam Elliot;
'Quartet for the End of Time (Cuarteto Para el Fin del Tiempo) - Alfonso Cuaron;
'Madame Tutli-Putli' - Chris Lavis & Maciek Szczarbowski;
'A Girls Own Story' - Jane Campion;
'Borom Sarret' - Ousmane Sembene; 'Soft' - Simon Ellis.


The British one that I already have, and love, contains:

About a Girl - Brian Percival
Boy & Bicycle - Ridley Scott
Dear Phone - Peter Greenaway
Doodlebug - Christopher Nolan
Eight - Stephen Daldry
Gasman - Lynne Ramsay
Girl Chewing Gum - John Smith
Home - Morag McKinnon
Joyride - Jim Gillespie
Inside Out - Tom & Charles Guard
Je T’aime John Wayne - Toby Macdonald
The Sheep Thief - Asif Kapadia
The Short & Curlies - Mike Leigh
Telling Lies - Simon Ellis
UK Images - Martin Parr
Who’s My Favourite Girl? - Adrian J. McDowall

bdc 19th April 2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 336677)
I have a few things on order but this is all that has turned up this week.

Have you ever watched House before Sharon?
I have a feeling you might enjoy it a lot. ;)

Btw this turned up today...

Ashes of Time (1994) (Mei Ah)

Never seen it but Wong Kar-Wai + wuxia should be good...I'm thinking of also getting the redux version if I like it.

http://dv1.us/p1/162/017162-d0.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.