Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demoncrat 4th May 2013 10:07 AM

read and weep Boo, soz

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Warriors...s=the+warriors

Boo Radley 4th May 2013 10:21 AM

Hmm...Thanks Dem. I don't really know what to think now.....
On the plus side the transfer sounds awesome, the price is right and there isn't an alternative.
Yeah, I see me getting it. Thanks again for your time and help.:)

Demoncrat 4th May 2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 339363)
Hmm...Thanks Dem. I don't really know what to think now.....
On the plus side the transfer sounds awesome, the price is right and there isn't an alternative.
Yeah, I see me getting it. Thanks again for your time and help.:)

No bother. We're all here to learn from each other as far as I see it.....

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 339355)
Oh christ, right the "revamp" states "Seven new scenes!", these are merely linking shots ala a comic strip/fumetti etc, nothing is taken away, but it does seem out of place the first time you see them. No released version has the prologue which emphasises the debt the film has to The Iliad (shown once on ITV I believe though??) I do not know what version is on the Blu, though tis a safe bet it will be the new one. hope this helps/hasn't ruined your day.:o

The new comic strip linking shots completely ruin the train station scene when The Warriors finally come face to face with The Baseball Furies. Wtf was Walter Hill thinking?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th May 2013 10:45 AM

I only found out about the theatrical version quite recently and had only watched the director's cut (which I have on BD). After buying and watching the theatrical version, I'll watch the BD very infrequently and stick to the theatrical cut DVD.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 339371)
I only found out about the theatrical version quite recently and had only watched the director's cut (which I have on BD). After buying and watching the theatrical version, I'll watch the BD very infrequently and stick to the theatrical cut DVD.

I can actually forgive all the other comic book inserts, and even Hill's annoying gravely voiceover at the beginning, but cutting away to another scene in the middle of the Baseball Furies scene is unforgivable. I'm the same, it's the original dvd for me from now on.

Rik 4th May 2013 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Postman just brought my copy of Lords of Salem won on here the other week, tonight's viewing sorted out :woot:

Attachment 109601

Nordicdusk 4th May 2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 339377)
Postman just brought my copy of Lords of Salem won on here the other week, tonight's viewing sorted out :woot:

Attachment 109601

I watched it last night Rik and i loved it. Its getting slatted everywhere and i cant understand why. Look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Frankenhooker 4th May 2013 03:24 PM

Pretty decent afternoon.

I picked up the two-disc edition of Last Exit To Brooklyn, which I'm sure I've seen but it was years ago and I remember little.

The Wicker Tree, I thought this was awful, but I have this strange habit of picking up films just to complement others. Maybe it'll improve after another viewing.

Christiane F. Zoo Station is one of the most harrowing books I've ever read, especially as I have a daughter myself. I've never watched this adaptation and I expect it'll take me a while to work up the courage.

Paul Schrader's Cat People is a film I've never seen. I know it's gotten it's fair share of poor reviews but I'm quite looking forward to it.

Wings Of Desire. Wim Wenders is probably one of my favourite directors of all time, mainly because of this film, which I first watched fifteen years ago while at college.

The Raid, yeah, yeah, I haven't seen it yet.

I have seen Sightseers though, and enjoyed it so much that I was only too happy to fork out the £6 to pick it up.

I also bought Bande a part and The King Of New York (old Arrow version) even though I own the dual format of the latter. No idea why I do that.

Edit: I also quite like The Lords Of Salem.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th May 2013 03:29 PM

With the exception of The Wicker Tree, that's an excellent selection of films!