Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Frankenhooker 11th May 2013 03:02 PM

Its like the Bristol tourist board, its also my home town and I spent most of my student grant in Replay (or whatever it was called before that ).

Anyhoo, I picked up the following.

Michael (NOT the Travolta angel film)
The Exterminating Angel
REC 3
The Skin I Live In
Broken Embraces
Twentynine Palms.

PaulD 11th May 2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 340733)
This weeks arrivals.

I saw the trailer for Ghosts of Sherwood and it looks like a super cheap DV affair. Tom Savini's in it though.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 340749)
I saw the trailer for Ghosts of Sherwood and it looks like a super cheap DV affair. Tom Savini's in it though.

It was the cool lenticular sleeve that won me over. :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th May 2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 340725)
I was going to cry favouritism with the early Motel Hell arrivals, but then mine came, so all is fine! Over the moon that it arrived, one of my most wanted, but least expected upgrades.

Oh, did I not mention that mine was personally driven up and hand delivered from the top man at Arrow? :D

BAKA 11th May 2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 340751)
Oh, did I not mention that mine was personally driven up and hand delivered from the top man at Arrow? :D

Scarily, some people in certain areas of the internet will likely believe this. After all, you are employed by Arrow to praise them across numerous outlets across the internet, and you are, after all, the Stephen Thrower.

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th May 2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 340753)
Scarily, some people in certain areas of the internet will likely believe this. After all, you are employed by Arrow to praise them across numerous outlets across the internet, and you are, after all, the Stephen Thrower.

Haha, yeah I bet there are some out there that will believe it. :pound:

PaulD 11th May 2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 340750)
It was the cool lenticular sleeve that won me over. :lol:

Filmed in 3D originally too!

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 340759)
Filmed in 3D originally too!

Oh good!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

shel 11th May 2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 340725)
The Halloween mediabooks are typically more than I’d like to spend on a single Blu-ray release (they worked out at just under £30 each), but they’re so gorgeous looking. I’m surprised that Halloween 3 seems to have the same extras as the SF disc? I’m not a huge fan of 6, but I want Halloween through to H20 on Blu-ray, which leaves me with just H20 left to get.

You know there's a release that has Halloween 6, H20 & Resurrection? Typically goes for sub£10 too.

bdc 11th May 2013 06:07 PM

I bought an old piggy bank today...noticed something making noise inside but presumed it was an old pre-Euro coin (no longer valid)...so paid (10 cents) and went home,opened it up and inside was a 20 cents coin! ;)

But to my great surprise there were also notes in there...2 Australian Dollar notes (one 5 and one 50)...at first I thought they would be play money or something but turns out they have all the correct security features...so I'll be off to the bank to get these exchanged on Monday. :party:

Also picked up these Dutch dvd's for 75 cents each:

- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997) (new and sealed)
Didn't like the sequel (have never seen part 3) but I like this one.
- Christiane F. - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo (1981) (used but like new)
- Flashback - Mörderische Ferien (2000) (new and sealed)
Curious about this German slasher...