Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151369Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th May 2013, 11:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Have been hanging out for a blu release of 'Session 9', but doesn't look like it's coming any time soon. Can anyone recommend a DVD release?
Thanks, Lincoln.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 30th May 2013, 10:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just got

Hate that its broke up into two volumes but this was the comeback season before it got bad again.
bdc likes this.
Old 30th May 2013, 11:29 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
Have been hanging out for a blu release of 'Session 9', but doesn't look like it's coming any time soon. Can anyone recommend a DVD release?
Thanks, Lincoln.
The uk release is fine as is the us one. Correct ratio ect. I think the us version might be cheaper.

My NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW (olive films) and ANATOMY/ANATOMY2 (mill creek) showed up today. On a lunch break from an ITQ1 course i'm doing so no time to watch but have checked and both are region locked.

Night of the scarecrow seems to have some nice extras including a commentary track and the Anatomy double bill has the origional german audio with english subtitles so both look to be worthy purchases.
bdc likes this.
Old 30th May 2013, 12:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A nice assortment of class and trash. I'll not comment on which I think belongs where. The Town That Dreaded Sundown is my first Scream Factory purchase, needless to say my second is on the way already. It's been a great week for releases (Blow Out, Theorem, Opening Night and Texas Chainsaw), and it's been pretty great for some price reductions. Really happy to see the Studio Canal Collection titles getting reduced. I have another on the way, and if they stick to the same prices, I'll order a couple more mid-month. The recently released Evil Dead 2 SE for £7.99 from Game seemed too good to be true.

I rarely buy used, but the Sleepaway Camp set for £9.99 at That's Entertainment seemed too good to miss, especially as I didn't own 2 and 3, and my copy of the original is still on VHS . I'm really impressed with That's Entertainment actually, the discs are spotless (I'm guessing they clean them or something, because they're like new).
Old 30th May 2013, 12:51 PM
Cult Master

Charity/second hand shops:

'Cannibal Detour' - £1:00
'Cronos' - Special edition - £1:29
'Assault on Precinct 13' - Carpenter version - £1:99
'Ocean's 11' box set - 'Ocean's 11', 'Ocean's 12', 'Ocean's 13' - still sealed - £5:00
'The Fly' - Cronenberg version - Blu-Ray - £4:99

Amazon (by way of Zoverstock)

'AC/DC - live at Donington' - £3:93
'Rush - Rock in Rio' - 2 Disc version - £5:50
'The Who - The Vegas Job' - 0:34p
'The Who - Live in Boston' - 0:50p

Note - the Zoverstock purchases were an additional £1:26 each for P&P. Still bargains, tho!!!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Last edited by Susan Foreman; 30th May 2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 30th May 2013, 02:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post

A nice assortment of class and trash. I'll not comment on which I think belongs where. The Town That Dreaded Sundown is my first Scream Factory purchase, needless to say my second is on the way already. It's been a great week for releases (Blow Out, Theorem, Opening Night and Texas Chainsaw), and it's been pretty great for some price reductions. Really happy to see the Studio Canal Collection titles getting reduced. I have another on the way, and if they stick to the same prices, I'll order a couple more mid-month. The recently released Evil Dead 2 SE for £7.99 from Game seemed too good to be true.

I rarely buy used, but the Sleepaway Camp set for £9.99 at That's Entertainment seemed too good to miss, especially as I didn't own 2 and 3, and my copy of the original is still on VHS . I'm really impressed with That's Entertainment actually, the discs are spotless (I'm guessing they clean them or something, because they're like new).

Thought the Texas chainsaw 'reboot' was better than most people made out. I rate hooper's Chainsaw 2 and burrs part 3 as well but pretty much every sequel to that groundbreaking horror has been trash. The remake and the beginning as well but like those I seemed to enjoy the latest one more than I should. Make no mistakes its a bad film, but still worth giving a try.
Old 30th May 2013, 02:45 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I'll be wearing flowers in my (pubic) hair...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (12.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 30th May 2013, 03:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

No arrivals today, just waiting on stuff to come my way.
Hopefully tomorrow or early next week.
Old 30th May 2013, 03:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Picked up the Arrow version of Vamp, Benny's Video and the original Funny Games at Fopp for £5 each. I also had the three-disc edition of Picnic At Hanging Rock drop through the door.
Old 30th May 2013, 04:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
I picked up a bargain or two in the charity shop yesterday.

For the unbelievable price of £2.49 each, my daughter went green with envy or that zombie apocalypse she's expecting!
Good going with Lords of Salem, Troggi. I've been after it for a while.

If you decide you don't like, would you consider selling it to (or swapping it with) me?
troggi likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!