Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

troggi 1st June 2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 344855)
Good selection.

Just wondering, is Starman the film when the guy as magical powers and bring the deer back to life etc. ? If so I remember seeing a bit of it as a teenager and was stunned! Never got around to watching it all as it was on TV and I probably had school or something.

"Starman" is a wonderful "feel good" film. I haven't seen it for a long time but I do seem to remember him bringing something or other back to life. It doesn't matter anyway just watch it and "feel good!"
:nod::nod:

ArgentoFan1987 1st June 2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 344858)
"Starman" is a wonderful "feel good" film. I haven't seen it for a long time but I do seem to remember him bringing something or other back to life. It doesn't matter anyway just watch it and "feel good!"
:nod::nod:

"Feel good". Sounds like the same film to me.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st June 2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 344855)
Good selection.

Just wondering, is Starman the film when the guy as magical powers and bring the deer back to life etc. ? If so I remember seeing a bit of it as a teenager and was stunned! Never got around to watching it all as it was on TV and I probably had school or something.

He has (I think) seven silver spheres which can basically perform miracles, but none of them are used to bring a deer back to life – that was done by the albino boy in Powder.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st June 2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 344862)
He has (I think) seven silver spheres which can basically perform miracles, but none of them are used to bring a deer back to life – that was done by the albino boy in Powder.

Actually, he doesn't bring it back to life, but transfers its suffering to the hunter who shot it – the deer dies anyway.

ArgentoFan1987 1st June 2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 344865)
Actually, he doesn't bring it back to life, but transfers its suffering to the hunter who shot it – the deer dies anyway.

I just remember miracles and a deer.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st June 2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 344867)
I just remember miracles and a deer.

It sounds like Powder, not Starman.

ArgentoFan1987 1st June 2013 03:22 PM

I've just started watching Night of the Demon. It says 'Digitally Remastered' on the case, but it's like watching an old VHS ! :D

ArgentoFan1987 1st June 2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 344874)
It sounds like Powder, not Starman.

Was Jeff Bridges in it as an alien type guy?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st June 2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 344876)
Was Jeff Bridges in it as an alien type guy?

In Starman? Yes – he played an alien whose craft was shot down and took the form of a woman's late husband.

ArgentoFan1987 1st June 2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 344878)
In Starman? Yes – he played an alien whose craft was shot down and took the form of a woman's late husband.

That's the one!:)