Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

troggi 1st June 2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 344855)
Good selection.

Just wondering, is Starman the film when the guy as magical powers and bring the deer back to life etc. ? If so I remember seeing a bit of it as a teenager and was stunned! Never got around to watching it all as it was on TV and I probably had school or something.

"Starman" is a wonderful "feel good" film. I haven't seen it for a long time but I do seem to remember him bringing something or other back to life. It doesn't matter anyway just watch it and "feel good!"
:nod::nod:

ArgentoFan1987 1st June 2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 344858)
"Starman" is a wonderful "feel good" film. I haven't seen it for a long time but I do seem to remember him bringing something or other back to life. It doesn't matter anyway just watch it and "feel good!"
:nod::nod:

"Feel good". Sounds like the same film to me.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st June 2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 344855)
Good selection.

Just wondering, is Starman the film when the guy as magical powers and bring the deer back to life etc. ? If so I remember seeing a bit of it as a teenager and was stunned! Never got around to watching it all as it was on TV and I probably had school or something.

He has (I think) seven silver spheres which can basically perform miracles, but none of them are used to bring a deer back to life – that was done by the albino boy in Powder.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st June 2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 344862)
He has (I think) seven silver spheres which can basically perform miracles, but none of them are used to bring a deer back to life that was done by the albino boy in Powder.

Actually, he doesn't bring it back to life, but transfers its suffering to the hunter who shot it the deer dies anyway.

ArgentoFan1987 1st June 2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 344865)
Actually, he doesn't bring it back to life, but transfers its suffering to the hunter who shot it the deer dies anyway.

I just remember miracles and a deer.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st June 2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 344867)
I just remember miracles and a deer.

It sounds like Powder, not Starman.

ArgentoFan1987 1st June 2013 03:22 PM

I've just started watching Night of the Demon. It says 'Digitally Remastered' on the case, but it's like watching an old VHS ! :D

ArgentoFan1987 1st June 2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 344874)
It sounds like Powder, not Starman.

Was Jeff Bridges in it as an alien type guy?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st June 2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 344876)
Was Jeff Bridges in it as an alien type guy?

In Starman? Yes he played an alien whose craft was shot down and took the form of a woman's late husband.

ArgentoFan1987 1st June 2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 344878)
In Starman? Yes he played an alien whose craft was shot down and took the form of a woman's late husband.

That's the one!:)