Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

sjconstable 10th June 2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 346417)
God damn Eli Roth.

ONCE MENTIONED IN AN INTERVIEW BY
ELI ROTH
Film Title
Directed by Some Guy

Haha, to be fair he is actually in Don't Look Up. But yeah it always annoyed me when I saw stuff like 'Quentin Tarantino presents... Chungking Express' as well :rolleyes:

Refused 10th June 2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 346420)
Haha, to be fair he is actually in Don't Look Up. But yeah it always annoyed me when I saw stuff like 'Quentin Tarantino presents... Chungking Express' as well :rolleyes:

Been pretty bored at work lately, I might design a series of "Tarantino and Roth present..." covers. That could be fun.

PaulD 10th June 2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 346420)

That was because it was being released through his own DVD label though which is slightly different I feel.

sjconstable 10th June 2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 346422)
That was because it was being released through his own DVD label though which is slightly different I feel.

I wasn't aware he owned Miramax ;)

PaulD 10th June 2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 346424)
I wasn't aware he owned Miramax ;)

Hush you :) you know what I meant!

demonknight 10th June 2013 04:02 PM

Slayer Live - War at the Warfield DVD.

Jinx_Barkman 10th June 2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 346384)
Medium Cool has been tempting me for a while. Never seen it before, but it sounds damn good.

I think it's a required viewing for almost anyone. Truly a one of a kind film. Nice avatar!;)

keirarts 10th June 2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 346413)
It's awful mate, but you should check out Hideo Nakata's original which is a creepy little gem!

I had my suspicions. Was interested because of fruit chans name on the sleeve. Will try and check that nakata version out asap, he's a much better director, trouble is his work has always been overshadowed by the ring movies. I remember checking out CHAOS and loving it!

Dont really mind all these 'quentin tarantino presents..' and 'Eli roth presents...'
so long as its getting the films a release and getting more people watching them.
I wonder how many people finally decided to give Cannibal Holocaust a try because Eli roth spoke about it, or how many people picked up THE BEYOND because Tarantino slapped his name across it?
If its getting these films watched by a wider audience then thats cool by me!

sjconstable 10th June 2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 346440)
I had my suspicions. Was interested because of fruit chans name on the sleeve. Will try and check that nakata version out asap, he's a much better director, trouble is his work has always been overshadowed by the ring movies. I remember checking out CHAOS and loving it!

Yeah same here, Dumplings was great. I love Chaos too (fantastic music!), but Hideo Nakata's stuff after that has mainly been a bit crap - I'm hoping his new J-horror 'The Complex' will have him back on form.

If you like Ringu you should like his 'Don't Look Up' (actual title is Ghost Actress) as it's basically a warm-up for it, the only bad thing is it's so short! I wish it would get a Western release, Japan got a remastered version with audio commentary and stuff but we've had nothing, and that version has no subtitles :(

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th June 2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 346440)

Dont really mind all these 'quentin tarantino presents..' and 'Eli roth presents...'
so long as its getting the films a release and getting more people watching them.
I wonder how many people finally decided to give Cannibal Holocaust a try because Eli roth spoke about it, or how many people picked up THE BEYOND because Tarantino slapped his name across it?
If its getting these films watched by a wider audience then thats cool by me!

Its not awful really Keirarts.

When i watched it i didn't hate it but it didn't wow me either.