Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
God damn Eli Roth.

ONCE MENTIONED IN AN INTERVIEW BY
ELI ROTH
Film Title
Directed by Some Guy
Haha, to be fair he is actually in Don't Look Up. But yeah it always annoyed me when I saw stuff like 'Quentin Tarantino presents... Chungking Express' as well
Old 10th June 2013, 02:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
Haha, to be fair he is actually in Don't Look Up. But yeah it always annoyed me when I saw stuff like 'Quentin Tarantino presents... Chungking Express' as well
Been pretty bored at work lately, I might design a series of "Tarantino and Roth present..." covers. That could be fun.
bdc likes this.
Old 10th June 2013, 02:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
That was because it was being released through his own DVD label though which is slightly different I feel.
Old 10th June 2013, 02:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
That was because it was being released through his own DVD label though which is slightly different I feel.
I wasn't aware he owned Miramax
troggi likes this.
Old 10th June 2013, 02:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I wasn't aware he owned Miramax
Hush you you know what I meant!
Old 10th June 2013, 04:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Slayer Live - War at the Warfield DVD.
bdc and Rik like this.
Old 10th June 2013, 05:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Medium Cool has been tempting me for a while. Never seen it before, but it sounds damn good.
I think it's a required viewing for almost anyone. Truly a one of a kind film. Nice avatar!
Old 10th June 2013, 06:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
It's awful mate, but you should check out Hideo Nakata's original which is a creepy little gem!
I had my suspicions. Was interested because of fruit chans name on the sleeve. Will try and check that nakata version out asap, he's a much better director, trouble is his work has always been overshadowed by the ring movies. I remember checking out CHAOS and loving it!

Dont really mind all these 'quentin tarantino presents..' and 'Eli roth presents...'
so long as its getting the films a release and getting more people watching them.
I wonder how many people finally decided to give Cannibal Holocaust a try because Eli roth spoke about it, or how many people picked up THE BEYOND because Tarantino slapped his name across it?
If its getting these films watched by a wider audience then thats cool by me!
PaulD and troggi like this.
Old 10th June 2013, 06:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I had my suspicions. Was interested because of fruit chans name on the sleeve. Will try and check that nakata version out asap, he's a much better director, trouble is his work has always been overshadowed by the ring movies. I remember checking out CHAOS and loving it!
Yeah same here, Dumplings was great. I love Chaos too (fantastic music!), but Hideo Nakata's stuff after that has mainly been a bit crap - I'm hoping his new J-horror 'The Complex' will have him back on form.

If you like Ringu you should like his 'Don't Look Up' (actual title is Ghost Actress) as it's basically a warm-up for it, the only bad thing is it's so short! I wish it would get a Western release, Japan got a remastered version with audio commentary and stuff but we've had nothing, and that version has no subtitles
troggi likes this.
Old 10th June 2013, 07:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

Dont really mind all these 'quentin tarantino presents..' and 'Eli roth presents...'
so long as its getting the films a release and getting more people watching them.
I wonder how many people finally decided to give Cannibal Holocaust a try because Eli roth spoke about it, or how many people picked up THE BEYOND because Tarantino slapped his name across it?
If its getting these films watched by a wider audience then thats cool by me!
Its not awful really Keirarts.

When i watched it i didn't hate it but it didn't wow me either.

Like this? Share it using the links below!