Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demoncrat 11th June 2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 346508)
I so want to see "John Dies at the End" because I really enjoyed the book! Tell me if it's any good when you've watched it please.:)

As a Coscarelli fan, twas intrigued by the trailer. The film is quite bonkers in places imo. I'm sure there will be differences, haven't read the book, though I do want to now etc, but it should be out soon anyhow?

oops, sorry for butting in, just noticed etc.:blush:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th June 2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

I so want to see "John Dies at the End" because I really enjoyed the book! Tell me if it's any good when you've watched it please.:)

I haven't seen the film or read the book, but is this a rare example of the title containing a massive plot spoiler?

Hawkmonger 11th June 2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 346539)
I haven't seen the film or read the book, but is this a rare example of the title containing a massive plot spoiler?

From what I can tell it's a running gag that he die's regularly throughout the film, only to inexplicably be revived a cut scene later. Like Harold and Maude.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th June 2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 346540)
From what I can tell it's a running gag that he die's regularly throughout the film, only to inexplicably be revived a cut scene later. Like Harold and Maude.

That actually sounds quite good, so is probably one to check out.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th June 2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

What would that be then? ;)

Its a bit of a "Oh my God they killed Kenny!" type film i think.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th June 2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 346552)
What would that be then? ;)

Its a bit of a "Oh my God they killed Kenny!" type film i think.

That's the impression I got from Hawkmonger's description.

troggi 11th June 2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

*Not really*. The book is a very readable but bizarre read about a "drug" called "SOY SAUCE" that is made from, and allows you to see *aliens/ demons* (I'm still unsure as to what they are as the book is a freak ride). But from what I remember there is no "rewind" or "Oh my god, they killed Kenny" things just *are*.

If you've had a look at any of the stuff I've put up as reading now or had a look at bits of my (must get around to writing more) blog, you'll see that I don't read books anymore for various reasons. This book was a rare exception to that rule, I read it cover to cover and was still unclear at the end, but in a good way?!?

:confused: I know this answers nothing :confused:
:confused: read it yourself, you'll see what I mean :confused:

Demoncrat 11th June 2013 04:22 PM

Can only imagine what the sequel will look like....see title of same:laugh:....after Phantasm V maybe?????

Bringer Of Funerals 11th June 2013 05:17 PM

Hellraiser Inferno
Hellraiser Deader
Hellraiser Hellseeker

artisturn 11th June 2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

A good friend of mine who usally does not enjoy weird movies has been singing praises for this film.

My wife and I will watch this soon.