Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 15th June 2013 10:49 AM

So you got Shriek of the Mutilated Dem? :thumb:
Beware that there's no dvd version with the popcorn tune.

Picked up a load of cheap used dvd's at work yesterday,still need to add them to dvdaf though. ;)

Hawkmonger 15th June 2013 12:11 PM

I ordered that Bigfoot set months ago. Completely forgot about it and it never turned up. Thanks for reminding me, I can still chase it up:happy:

demonknight 15th June 2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 346943)
Is this region free ? :pray:

It's region A and B, unsure about its region C status.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 347227)
So you got Shriek of the Mutilated Dem? :thumb:
Beware that there's no dvd version with the popcorn tune.

Picked up a load of cheap used dvd's at work yesterday,still need to add them to dvdaf though. ;)

I watched it last night. Absolutely terrible it was.

The only plus was the picture looked quite sweet when there was no print damage.

pedromonkey 15th June 2013 12:57 PM

Red Tails was awful Dem, far too much CGI and the whole film looked too shiny.

Picked up these in work last night in a 3 for £10.00 deal...

HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR COLLECTION
NIGHT GALLERY SEASON 1
KUNG-FU SEASON 1

bdc 15th June 2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 347248)
I watched it last night. Absolutely terrible it was.

The only plus was the picture looked quite sweet when there was no print damage.

Terrible? :lol: ;)
I personally love it.

nosferatu42 15th June 2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 347222)
If it's not an impertinent question, where did you get and how much was "The Bedsitting Room"? (Alright then 2 impertinent questions).

It is on my list of "must get" British oddities along with "The Ruling Class" and "The Magic Christian". All three of these films on Amazon are so expensive that I can't persuade my wife (or, to be frank instead of Lez, myself) that they are really worth it!

:pray:

Got bedsitting room off amazon seemed really expensive to me too (for ages it was in my wish list), but for some reason i searched for it again and found a few for around £10 inc postage. Only Dvd though but doesn't worry me too much.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 347251)
Terrible? :lol: ;)
I personally love it.

Why? There's not even a sasquatch in it. Its just a bloke in a rabbit suit. In terms of film making it makes Snuff seem like The Maltese Falcon.

I was going to post film stills for it, but it seems a bit pointless as not an awful lot happens.

Having said that i will watch it again in time, now i know what to expect.

troggi 15th June 2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 347252)
Got bedsitting room off amazon seemed really expensive to me too (for ages it was in my wish list), but for some reason i searched for it again and found a few for around £10 inc postage. Only Dvd though but doesn't worry me too much.

Thanks, that's not too bad I'll 'ave butcher's 'n' 'ope there's still some left for payday!

:nod::nod:

Slippery Jack 15th June 2013 02:21 PM

Isn't Bed Sitting Room still going for £6.99 on Sainsbury's site ? That's where I got my copy from the other week. I've had The Ruling Class for yonks but not got round to watching it yet . . .